CHP 43

Jimin awakes to the grueling sound of his angry stomach. His limbs feel stiff, strung up in the very same position. Kai wasn't lying when he said he was going to leave him alone for the rest of the night. He feels beat and his eyes are heavy, however still enclosed by thick velvet secured at the back of his head. He must have done a lot of moving during his presumed, very short period of sleep seeing as his wrists and ankles burn exceptionally.

He can hear the door open to whatever kind of place he's being held captive in. He hardly flinches, sparing the pitiful act of slumber. Kai already knows his little trick and so there's no use in pretending, just to be pinched once again.

"Have you learned your lesson?" the man asks and along with his inquiry comes the aroma of freshly cooked breakfast.

Jimin hesitates for a moment, deciding of what his response to the question should be. He pulls on his bottom lip in thought, deciding to play along. This is the only way he's going to find some form of escape if Jeongguk or the other policemen aren't the ones to save him.

"...I'm sorry," he murmurs with fabricated guilt, lips pouting. "I was being bad."

The sound of tsking fills Jimin's ear. The thud of yet another plate of food landing against the table has him jumping in but a whisper. In all honesty, he'd rather not eat, not knowing what Kai could have possibly done to the food. This all would be much easier if he just wanted to harm him instead of trying to rekindle something broken and beyond repair.

"...Much better than yesterday, hm? I'm sure that small period of neglect has taught you just how important I am to you. Without me you'd be out of control... like that little cop you've been playing house with. Only if I had placed the knife a little further to the right."

Jimin's breath hitches in his throat as he feels the apex of a knife prod softly against his covered stomach. Enough to have him drenched in fear however not enough to pierce through his clothes and break his skin.

It's then removed and being put to work, cutting up whatever it is that Kai has prepared for him this morning - at least he thinks it's morning.

"...You think you're in love with him, don't you? You think that what you have with him right now is perfect. But you don't even know the first thing about love," Kai intones as he places his utensils against the glass plate.

Jimin doesn't say anything in response to this. He isn't quite sure what to say. Instead he remains still and waits for Kai to continue, the familiar feeling of foreboding sticking to his skin, cresting on his upper lip.

"And I know this because I'm still in love with you. That little cop of yours has twisted your perception of love into something it isn't. Tell me how he treats you," Kai demands and his tone grows coarse, lathered with urgency and impatience.

Jimin gulps, thinking that playing along is much harder than he pegged it to be. Kai definitely isn't stupid and with each passing second, he feels as though his chances of escaping are thinning.

His silence seems to trigger Kai because within a second, his neck is gripped roughly and his upper body is jerked off of the bed. His arms are bent back and he whimpers.

"I said, tell me how he treats you," Kai reiterates, digging his fingers into the column of Jimin's neck.

The blond is wheezing and he's sent back into the bed as his crazy ex releases him. He's catching his breath, letting out strangled coughs. He's pulling against the velvet once again, feeling his eyes sting.

"I-I don't know what you w-want me to say," Jimin replies honestly, now fearing for his life.

"Tell me how he loves you and I'll show you just how wrong he is. Come on, Jimin. Fucking spit it out. You were being so good," Kai orders of him again.