CHP 34

It was with great hesitation that Jimin left the hospital later in the day. The very last thing he wanted to do was leave Jeongguk's side but as the world has it, he too needs sleep and needs to eat something (preferably not the hospital food.)

Namjoon had been the one to pick him up and take him home. The ride back to Officer Kim's place had been rather silent but that's only because Jimin couldn't stop himself from smiling sheepishly, recalling his conversation with Jeongguk. He loves him. They love each other.

He can picture the perfect early morning in the policeman's house - their home. Jimin hunched over the stove, cooking up some breakfast with Jeongguk's strong arms wrapped around his waist. The man's soft lips ghosting at his neck as their little boy sits at the kitchen table, colouring while awaiting his portion of food. Later they would send him off to school and share a sweet kiss before they part ways toward their work places.

Jimin sighs wistfully as he begins to undress himself in the bathroom. He's well over used to being doused in woe but the more he ponders on what his future could be, the sorrow simply swells. Sometimes he wonders if what he's asking for is too much but it all comes down to the simple fact that he just wants to be happy.

The teacher rolls the shower door open smoothly along it's hinges and closes it behind him as soon as he steps in. He fiddles with the tap and shortly finds a soothing, warm temperature. The water streams down his body, mending each and every ache tightening his muscles. It's been awhile since he's had a warm shower.

Jimin pools some shampoo in his small hand and massages his sudsy fingers into his scalp, carding them through his blond hair. Dainty, quiet moans of satisfaction fill the bathroom and his eyes fall closed. He can't help himself as his imagination runs free.

Jeongguk is the one scrubbing his hair with shampoo and conditioner. Jeongguk is the one gently massaging body wash all along his pliant skin, dragging his lips over his shoulder blades and in between, during the process. The picture crafted seamlessly in his head is without flaw.

Jimin sighs sadly and presses his hands against the wall of the shower, allowing the water to hit his head and slide down his sweetly curved back. He has never been this yearning for somebody. In a sense it's almost pitiful but he believes he has every right to feel this way. But it's not like he really has a choice, either. His body pines for the policeman and his mind just the same.

Three knocks on the door pull Jimin from his persistent thoughts. He figures he's done showering anyways and turns the water off. He steps out of the shower and wraps a towel around his waist. He patters to the bathroom door and pulls it open but by a crack, finding Taehyung standing on the other side.

"...I'm sorry for interrupting your shower but I just wanted to let you know that dinner is ready. I wanted you to eat it while it's warm," Taehyung murmurs while smiling sheepishly.

"Sure," Jimin replies. "I just need to get dressed. I'll be down in five, okay?"

Taehyung nods his head. "Sure," and then he walks away, back to the first floor.

Jimin closes the bathroom door and proceeds to dry himself off. He dresses himself in a new set of clothes, resting a small towel along both of his shoulders. He gathers his old clothes and quickly runs to his room, throwing them in his hamper.

As soon as he's walking downstairs, his speed slows the moment he reaches the halfway point. He hones in on the sweet conversation happening between both Namjoon and Taehyung and his heart melts. Although Haechan isn't as interactive, he's still sitting at the dinner table, enjoying the food.

This is exactly what Jimin wants.

"Oh, Jimin! Come dig in! I tried to make everyone's favourites!" Taehyung chirps the moment he spots the blond standing on the stairs.