Chapter 31

Jeongguk clasped his hand over his mouth while holding his tears after leaving the CEO's cabin. He stepped inside the elevator.

He licked his lips and fixed himself when he saw a woman who also entered into the elevator.

"Hey, Jeongguk." She greeted, turning her head towards Jeongguk, who give a tight-lipped smile.

"What's with the attitude?"

"No, i-it's just I a-am not feeling–"

"Like, we know you and the CEO are a thing. But you should greet back people."

Jeongguk gulped down the lump in his throat at her words.

"It's not w-what are you thinking." Jeongguk stammered, glancing towards her as his eye sight was getting blurry as tears start forming onto his eyes.

"Oh c'mon, we know, even the whole office is talking. Or did he broke up up with you?"

Jeongguk didn't respond.

"That's really sad. After all, he's a heartthrob, what can you even expect from him? To ask you to marry him?" She let out a laugh.

"He just used you and now he's done with you. I even heard that he left the country to meet his lover. Reality is harsh, Jeongguk."

"He didn't use me." He mumbled to himself, those words were piercing into his heart.

"Ah! But don't worry! You'll get over him. Right?" She give a fake sympathetic pat on Jeongguk's shoulder and stepped out from the elevator when it opened with a sound of ding.

Jeongguk gulped again and stepped out as well. He lightly patted his cheeks and he held a fake-wide smile for his Hyungs.

-------

"Ah! You're back?" His Nanna beamed, when Jeongguk entered into the house locking the door behind him.

Jeongguk nodded with a smile and kissed his Nanna's cheek.

"I made your favourite mint chocolate cake."

Jeongguk nodded again.

"Nanna, it's really late, you should go to sleep." Jeongguk rasped, then clear his throat.

"Are you okay, ggukie?" His Nanna asked.

Jeongguk nodded.

"Now, go and sleep. Good night. Don't worry about me, I will be okay and I will clean the dishes after eating, alright?" He gently pushed her Nanna to her bedroom.

"Jeongguk, are you okay?" His Nanna asked again.

Jeongguk smiled because he didn't want his Nanna to worry about him.

"Of course, i am. I love you, Nanna."

"I love you too, Ggukie." She murmured, before closing her bedroom's door.

Jeongguk sighed and went to his room to freshen up.

He take out his mint-chocolate cake from the refrigerator after coming to downstairs. He placed the dish on the counter and sit on a stool.

He moaned at the taste of the mint-chocolate. A smile slipped out from his lips but soon it's fade away.

"He didn't tell you because he don't want you to rub your nose in his business."

Suddenly Yoongi's voice crossed his mind. Jeongguk shook his head and continue to eat.

"He used you and now he's done with you."