Chapter 42

it's my current lockscreen 🥰 i mean look at them, they're so much in L-word ❤️

×××××

Jeongguk couldn't feel anything rather than his pounding heart against his chest as he was waiting- waiting for a positive response.

"Please i want to see him. At least give me a chance to meet him, i just want to see if he's okay now or not. Please let–"

"Aw, you care about your boyfriend more than your granny?"

Chills sent down to Jeongguk's spine when he heard that through phone.

"I just want to meet him for the last time. I already promised you that i will, will-" Jeongguk gulped down the lump in his throat before speaking again, "b-break the engagement with him and you also promised me that you won't hurt them."

Jeongguk heard a chuckle through the phone.

"Aren't you the cutest stubborn, huh?"

Jeongguk sniffed and wiped his tears with the paw of his sweater.

"Please can i–"

"Would you like to hear your granny's whimpers?"

Jeongguk's grip tightened around his phone when he heard that. Tears again start to falling down on his rosy cheeks. He bit his bottom lip and shook his head, even though, Taemin couldn't see him.

"N-no-" He let out choked sob and aggressively wiped his tears.

"Then stop asking for useless things," Taemin chuckled, "don't worry i won't hurt your granny. She's safe with me," He said in mocking tone before ending the call.

Jeongguk collapse on bottom on his bed. Tears were flowing down, and he was exhausted by crying. He was physically tired but he couldn't sleep nor he could eat anything properly. It's been almost two days since his Nanna's been missing and Taehyung met an accident.

What if Taemin hurt them?

That was the only question which stuck in his mind. He cannot trust Taemin enough, he can't let go the probability of Taemin hurting his beloved ones.

At this point, he started to blaming himself for being stuck in this situation. He hate to feel weak, he hate the feeling so much.

He's tired, tired of everything. He can't do anything alone nor he could tell anyone about his situation.

"Why are you so weak?" Jeongguk squeezed his eyes tightly at his thought.

"You can't even save them, why are you even alive?" Jeongguk opened his eyes, his breathing start getting heavier.