• thirty three •

"jihoon~ get up!" soonyoung whined as jihoon just rolled over. the baby had kept him up all night and he had only fallen asleep a few hours ago.

"just a bit longer.." jihoon mumbled and soonyoung sighed.

"bub it's nearly noon, you need to get up." soonyoung said as he sat on the bed beside jihoon and stroked his hair.

jihoon melted to his touch and blinked a few times before actually waking up. he smiled as he saw soonyoung in front of him stroking his hair. jihoon slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes, soonyoung began to laugh as he saw jihoon's bed head.

"what's so funny?" jihoon asked his words a little mumbled because he was still sleepy.

"your hair is all messy," soonyoung teased and jihoon pouted.

"aww, it's cute baby! don't pout!" soonyoung apologized as he looked at jihoon with puppy dog eyes.

"mhm.." jihoon said as he turned his head away and walked to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

he really wanted to kiss soonyoung but he felt bad doing it with morning breath so he brushed his teeth. as he brushed his teeth he looked into the mirror and noticed how big his bump looked. he had always noticed it was pretty big but as he hit twenty three weeks on that day it was way bigger than he had been before.

jihoon noticed recently his often restlessness and constant peeing, which were all normal symptoms for around this time of pregnancy. he wasn't excited for the upcoming back pains and swollen ankles.

things were starting to get real and jihoon tried to not ponder in his worries but sometimes he couldn't help it. they hadn't gotten anything for the baby yet or really told anyone but their friends and some of the teachers knew but that was it.

jihoon cut ties with his family when he graduated high school and he had never heard soonyoung talk about his family before. the two never really talked about their families, they more focused on each other and their baby.

"what are you so busy thinking about this morning?" soonyoung asked as he came up behind jihoon and held him in a back hug.

"soonyoung, can i ask you something?" jihoon asked as he finished brushing his teeth and turned to face soonyoung.

"of course," soonyoung replied as he kissed jihoon's forehead.

"how come i've never heard you talk about your parents?" jihoon asked and soonyoung shrugged.

"we never really talked about parents or family.. you never really asked either," soonyoung responded and jihoon nodded.

"well.. can you tell me about them?" jihoon asked and soonyoung nodded.

the two sat on the couch, jihoon eating his breakfast at lunch time while soonyoung drank coffee. soonyoung talked about his parents and how they passed away in a car crash on their way to pick him up from daycare. the family was going to go on a surprise trip to the amusement park but a drunk driver ended that altogether. he continued to say that his aunt and grandparents raised him and we're like his parents. he said he hadn't seen them in a while as they still lived in his home town.

"once i graduated high school and got accepted into college i learned that i inherited all of my parents' money. in their will it was said that once i got into college the money was mine. i've used it to pay off my student loans but i haven't done anything else with the rest of the money," soonyoung explained as jihoon listened with wonder.

"i was thinking of maybe getting a house with you.. or at least a bigger apartment. this space is too tiny for us and the baby.." soonyoung said shyly and jihoon smiled.

"what about your family?" soonyoung asked and jihoon flinched a bit.

"you don't have to talk about them if you dont-"

"no, it's okay. i cut ties with my family once i graduated high school. i came out my second year of high school and they tormented me for it. they sent me to christian camps and different types of therapies trying to fix me. once i got old enough and saved up enough money i left and never went back. they're not my family, they're monsters." jihoon said and soonyoung frowned as he pulled the boy into a hug.

"i'm so sorry baby.. you don't have to ever worry about them again! you have me now.. we're gonna make it. all we need is each other," soonyoung said and jihoon clung to him.

"i love you soonyoung.."

"i love you too.."

• author's notes •

some fluffy soonhoon to mend the soul .. i really liked writing this chapter !! the past few ive been sort of down and lacking inspiration in my writing but this chapter i feel way better about !! also ik that jihoon was 21 weeks in the last chapter and is 23 in this chapter but it's okay shhhh.. the next chapter will be another like checkup/dr appointment chapter w some cute fluffy stuff !!

jihoon is 23 weeks

-lilly