• thirty nine •

jihoon sat on the couch as he looked at his now thirty eight week baby bump. he was terrified, absolutely terrified to become a parent. since he got closer to his due date he was always anxious and missing soonyoung. soonyoung hated having to work but today was his last day of work before taking some time off to help jihoon.

"how are you feeling?" soonyoung's aunt, huni, asked as she stirred a cup of tea for jihoon.

"i miss him." jihoon responded and she just smiled a bit. she walked over and handed him the tea and sat down next to him.

"he's gonna be home in an hour!" she said with a smile and jihoon nodded.

"i'm gonna go use the restroom," jihoon said and he sat the cup down and began walking to the bathroom.

jihoon took a few steps before he felt something trickle down his leg. pain shot across his bump and he clenched onto the wall. was this it? he knew he wasn't ready, soonyoung wasn't home, why now?

"h-huni.." jihoon mumbled out and she looked over and stood up immediately.

"oh fuck! im gonna grab the bag, stay there!" huni said as she ran to the bedroom. jihoon stood there and held his stomach and the wall.

"lean on me jihoon. breathe. it's gonna be okay," she said as she desperately tried to be calm.

she got jihoon into the car and called soonyoung as she drove. jihoon let out pained grunts as he clenched his stomach. he wanted soonyoung, he wanted the pain to go away.

"soonyoung you son of a bitch answer-"

"hello? huni? what's wrong?"

"JIHOON IS IN LABOR YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

"h-he's what?"

"YOU HEARD ME! GET YOUR ASS TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!"

"okay! tell him that i'll be there soon and to hold on!"

"hurry up!"

huni threw her phone down as she continued to drive and jihoon just felt a tear trickle down his face. he needed soonyoung. huni got to the hospital and ran inside to get the nurse and a wheelchair.

a car came into the parking lot speeding and parked a mess and out came soonyoung with one shoe on. he was running towards the hospital as he saw huni come out with a nurse. soonyoung helped jihoon into the chair and held his hand.

"i-i'm scared.. s-soonyoung.." jihoon said and soonyoung just held onto his hand and kissed it.

they took jihoon into surgery to get his c-section while huni and soonyoung waited nervously in the waiting room. soonyoung had called all the boys and they were on their way too. they all came in panicked and a mess as they ran towards soonyoung.

"how.. jihoon..?" jeonghan asked as he stood there out of breath.

"in surgery," soonyoung said as he stared to the ground.

he wanted to be optimistic but he was terrified that he was going to lose his baby or his lover. he felt like he was going to have a nervous breakdown any second unless jihoon was gonna be okay.

"lee jihoon's family?" a nurse asked and all the boys, and huni, stood up while soonyoung walked towards the nurse.

"everything went well! as of right now we only want the baby's father inside but after a while you may all go see him." she said with a smile and soonyoung peeked back at his friends and they all gave him a thumbs up.

the nurse lead soonyoung to jihoon and the baby's room. soonyoung was nervously fiddling with his hands, he was so nervous to see his lover. the nurse opened the door and soonyoung walked in.

"c'mere," jihoon said as he held their son in his arms. soonyoung felt his tears well up as he walked towards the two.

"oh my.. he looks just like you.." soonyoung said as he looked to jihoon and they both smiled.

"he has your nose." jihoon said and soonyoung pressed a kiss to jihoon's forehead.

"you did it.. you did so well.." soonyoung said and jihoon nodded.

"what do we do now?" jihoon said as he looked to soonyoung.

"i'm not sure.. i guess we do our best." soonyoung said and jihoon placed his head on soonyoung's shoulder.

"he's so soft.." soonyoung said as he stroked the baby's chubby cheek and jihoon smiled.

"we're doing that name right?" soonyoung asked and jihoon just looked to the little baby in his arms.

"yeah.. i wasn't sure but when i look at him.. it's perfect." jihoon answered and soonyoung smiled.

"kwon-lee woosung."

• author's notes •

welcome to the world bby woosung .. also you guys suggested woosung and i really liked the name so <333 i hope you enjoyed this chapter !!

-lilly