• thirty seven •

"this baby is going to be the end of me," jihoon said as he laid on the couch with several pillows wedged around him and soonyoung just smiled.

"well i'd hope not! i need my jihoon~" soonyoung said and jihoon just glared at him.

"i love you but i will end you." jihoon said and soonyoung nodded and placed a kiss on jihoon's forehead.

"are you sure you're going to be okay home alone? you're only five weeks away from full term.. dr.choi said-"

"soonyoung, i'll be fine. you're gonna be late!" jihoon said and soonyoung sighed and reluctantly left the house.

jihoon laid there and just looked at his bump. he didn't know why the baby was so active or why he couldn't just take a small break so jihoon could have a small nap. yet the baby had other plans when he kicked jihoon's bladder and jihoon nearly peed his pants.

"should we go to the nursery? we can sit in the rocking chair that mama and papa got us.. they're such kind grandparents," jihoon said as he talked to his bump.

he moved all the pillows out from around him and he waddled to the work in progress nursery. soonyoung had painted it dark green last week and jihoon had waited at jeonghan's home, something about the paint was harmful and jihoon just agreed.

soonyoung had painted the room dark green and grey flowers on one of the walls and it made the room so adorable. the flowers were a surprise and jihoon loved it. soonyoung had been incredibly proud of himself from his accomplishment.

jihoon sat on the rocking chair and placed a hand on his bump and slowly rocked back and forth. finally, the baby seemed to calm down and jihoon let out a sigh. he sat there thinking about how the baby ended up being the greatest fortune that jihoon could have ever received.

"you have so many people excited to meet you.." jihoon said to his bump as he continued to rock back and forth.

"i'll never let you go a day thinking that i don't love you. i won't let you ever think that your dad and i don't accept you. you'll never go through what i did. never. i promise you," jihoon said as he felt himself tear up.

he had always been afraid of having a child because he didn't want to end up like his horrendous parents. jihoon never wanted another soul to experience that torment. that constant thinking why you weren't good enough or why they didn't do that. he was going to accept his baby with nothing but love.

jihoon took a deep breath and was about to fall asleep when he felt a sharp pain where his bump was. he wasn't due for five more weeks and soonyoung hadn't even been at work for an hour. jihoon was beginning to panic as he reached for his phone and couldn't find it.

he stood and felt the pain again. he walked against the wall wincing in pain until he could reach his phone in the living room. he grabbed it and immediately dialed soonyoung's number. soonyoung picked up quickly and jihoon let out a gasp in pain.

"s-somethings wrong.. h-hurts.." jihoon sputtered out and he heard soonyoung's chair fall over from him standing up so fast.

"jihoon? jihoon! stay on the line i'll be there soon!" soonyoung said and there was some faint murmuring from soonyoung and he left quickly.

"stay with me jihoon!"

"i'm s-scared s-soonie."

• author's notes •

hihi don't worry too much i promise it'll be okay.. also i literally have no idea what to do for the baby's name but i will think some more.. thank you for reading my update, i hope you enjoyed !!

jihoon is 35 weeks

-lilly