• thirty eight •

"it looks like the baby as begun to turn downwards which is good but you seemed to have some braxton hicks contractions, which are essentially just practice contractions. the baby looks fine and seems healthy but i want you on bed rest." dr.choi explained and soonyoung sat next to jihoon and held his hand. soonyoung had been so worried that he was going to lose his lover and baby that he was an actual mess.

"we want to monitor you for the next few days then you can come home. in the case of more braxton hicks contractions you need to come back here immediately because you could be going into labor. the baby is already at the correct spot so he might try and get things going a little faster than anticipated." seungcheol continued to explain and jihoon nodded along.

"i'll be going now, don't hesitate to call the nurse if you need something." dr.choi said as he got up from his chair and exited the room.

jihoon sighed and laid his head back onto the pillow while soonyoung rested his head on jihoon's lap. jihoon stroked his hair as he got lost in thought. he had been terrified in that moment. the pain was nearly unbearable, he felt so alone without soonyoung there.

"jihoon.. i'm sorry-"

"d-don't leave my side.. p-please." jihoon said and soonyoung sat up and hugged jihoon immediately.

"i never will." soonyoung said and jihoon gripped onto him tightly.

"should i put in a request for some time off?" soonyoung asked and jihoon reluctantly shook his head.

"not while im here.. i just don't wanna be home alone.." jihoon said quietly, it scared him to be this vulnerable all the time. soonyoung nodded and he raised a hand to stroke jihoon's cheek. jihoon just melted into his touch.

"why don't we call some of the boys and my family and see if they can come over when i have to work, hm?" soonyoung suggested and jihoon nodded. he honestly didn't want anyone but soonyoung by his side but he didn't want to be alone at all.

"will.. will you come c-cuddle me?" jihoon asked and soonyoung nodded. it made soonyoung hurt to see jihoon so anxious and afraid.

jihoon scooted over and soonyoung slid into the bed next to him. jihoon cuddled into his chest and held onto him tightly. he didn't ever want to let go of soonyoung. jihoon was afraid to become a parent, he was afraid to give birth, he was afraid that soonyoung would leave him but when he saw that adoring look that soonyoung always gave him it made everything seem alright.

jihoon was okay as long as he had soonyoung by his side.

• author's notes •

i just woke up tf im so tired.. anywho i hope you enjoyed the chapter!! also the name suggestions were *chefs kiss* i might have to invest ngl ..

-lilly