A Lame Party

The moon shone in the starless night, Lauren was getting ready for the 'party'.

She wore a blue dress that fell down to the ground, a slit lifted up to her left thigh.

"Lauren?"

"Yes" She answered back.

"Oh we are late for the party. Are you ready yet? I will have to drag you in whatever condition you are otherwise. Bill would get pissed if we are late for the party organised for us" Cam said rolling his eyes.

When he saw her dressed up, he gave a thumbs up. She chuckled.

"Let's go"

"Ok! Let's get out of here"

Cam opened the passenger's door for her. She kept quiet until he broke the silence, it is hardly his nature to keep his mouth shut.

"Lil' sis aren't your looks on me? There is no way, you look so good otherwise" He said and nudged her playfully.

"Yeah sure" Lauren grinned.

Rest of the ride he kept cracking jokes, he knew she was nervous and she smiled or chuckled a little. But he knew she was hardly fine.

She would be, when she meets Robert, Cam thought.

They reached the borders and Lauren glanced at his brother and gulped. Today she is surely hyperventilating. Cam laughed at her expression.

"What? You know I hate heights" Lauren said shrugging weakly.
"Yeah, don't worry. Tonight borders are down. Anyone can cross" Cam explained.

Lauren went rigid after hearing that. "Isn't that dangerous?" She asked and checked  the road for anybody suspicious.

She particularly checked for a God with curly hairs.

"For one night? Nah" Cam said and then they accelerated towards the border, Lauren braced herself for impact incase the borders were still up but nothing happened.

They crossed it just like that. One moment they were in the streets of California and next they were driving on the streets of the Ninth city, the City of Gods.

It is said that Ninth city was built as a mutual ground for the Gods to meet. Since, Charlie the Wind God refused to have a city of his own. Is that why he is back? To take the city? But why come in her dreams, it's not like she rules the city. She never has and she never will.

It was awkward to walk down the memory lane as they entered the central city. To look at the parks where she played as a kid with George, Samuel, Cam and Suri. Her friends. Ex friends.

When they reached the Halls of Gods, Lauren heard herself inhale deeply as she took in the scenery in front of her after thirteen years.

Her jaw dropped in awe as she stared at the wonder of it all. The decoration and lights, everything looked so amazing. Cam chuckled at her expressions. He seemed happy to see her happy.

"And you say, you don't like parties. You have never gone in the right ones Lauren" Cam teased.

As she got out of the car, her head whirled with excitement, there was a smell in the air that she couldn't recognize. She followed Cam to the gates, feeling ecstatic for some reason.

There was a tall figure in the doorway. She almost didn't recognise him but then she saw his subtle.

Samuel.

She met him seven years ago, the last time. She could barely remember his face. Watching Samuel would make anybody jealous, be it a man or a woman. He was simply too perfect with his green eyes and auburn hairs.
His high cheekbones can break people's hearts. Samuel has always been like a younger brother for her, even though they weren't connected with bloodlines.