Chishan Blade

They were once again in Robert's house. Robert pulled out of his t-shirt as soon as they got inside his room. They were soaked badly. Robert suggested taking a swim in the river in the valley tonight, without falling from the bridge this time. Lauren shivered as a cold wind hit her through the open windows. Robert closed it immediately. Her eyes settled on his bare back, checking out the muscles appreciatively. She gulped and looked away immediately as he turned.

"Ahh I will go and open up the heater. You can bathe first" He whispered awkwardly.

Lauren nodded without really looking at him. Taking the hint, Robert went inside the bathroom. Lauren exhaled in relief. She can't take this tension between them anymore. She will ask him today itself. Wind God, Karl and crazy dreams be damned. Besides if there is going to be a war soon.

They need to tell each other, period.

"Uhmm. Lauren you are going to tear my sheets" Robert coughed from behind her.

"Oh" Lauren left the sheets in an instant. Robert chuckled, his breath hitting her neck.

She turned to find him closer to her than she imagined.

"I will go" Lauren breathed out. Robert looked dazed for a minute before he nodded, he passed his hands through his ruffled hairs.

She left the room hurriedly, not noticing the towel she left behind. She bathed in the warm water for an hour, relaxing her muscles. She got out and looked for her towel.

"Ugh" She sighed and found a spare towel in the corner.

After wearing a robe, she sighed again. She needs to dry her hair or she will catch a cold. And there is no way that Robert owns a hairdryer.

"Robert can you give me my towel? I dropped it in your room" Lauren shouted, wiping her face with the available towel.

"Here" He called from outside the door. Lauren took a towel from his hands and turned hastily and her leg slipped.

She gave a shriek and the next moment, felt two strong arms holding her closely to a warm body. Her heart beated loudly as she took in his face. Robert stared back at her in bewilderment.

They straightened up in an instant but he kept his arms wrapped around her. Lauren felt her cheeks growing warmer by each second. His honey dripped eyes scanned her face in amazement and stopped on her quivering lips. He came closer to her, Lauren stepped back instinctively. Her back pressed against the taps of the shower on the wall behind her.

She gasped as Robert kept a hand near her face on the wall while the other moved from her waist, to travel upwards to her cheeks slowly. His breath fanned her face, making her body swoon with excitement. An electric charge settled between the two as their gazes intensified. Robert stared at her as if she was a holy goddess herself. As if he was worshipping her with his eyes. And that's how his lips met hers in a worship and devotion that sent shivers of pleasure down her body.

She kissed him back with the same emotion. As if she could consume him whole. She never realised when her robe had come undone leaving her in the spare underclothes she brought with her for swimming. His hand on her waist pulled her even closer to him in ecstasy. And she backed away a little to inhale. She stared at him with his eyes closed, their nose brushing and cheeks red. He opened them slowly to stare back with several different emotions clouding in them.

"I never imagined our first kiss to be like that. Without any confessions I mean" Lauren blurted out. Robert chuckled and kissed her nose tip.

"Do I need to confess? I thought it was pretty obvious"

"You need to dork"

"Alright then. Lauren Pevensie, I have been crazy about you since probably the first time I saw you. Will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend?" Robert asked, gazing intensely at her the whole time.