Sand and Wind

The sand wind flowed in the west direction, opposite to where Sandra of the Sand city stood frozen in meditation. Her bronze skin shone in the rays of the sun.

The small black freckles near her nose only enhanced her beauty. Standing in a tree pose, her eyes remained closed in concentration, thus hiding the violet pool in them. Her yellow robe and mousy brown hairs flowed in the direction of the wind, whipping at her face.

Sandra opened her eyes and frowned at the sky in despair. Winds are not kind today. She can feel a sand storm rising. A knot in her stomach tightened at the sight of a grey falcon flying towards her direction, struggling in the wind. She held out her hand and the smart bird instantly dropped down on it. A letter tied around his leg. Sandra untied the knot and off it flew without a second rest, back to his owner. She stared at him and went away in surprise. He always stayed for a little rest earlier.

She felt nervous looking at the white parchment paper. Why now? Why after so many years? She thought. Finally the curiosity won over and she unfolded the paper to read it. Him. She sighed looking at the perfect handwriting.

So, it's not even Tom or Dean. It's him, who wrote to her. Why now? She thought again.

I recommend you to get rid of the letter as soon as you get hold of it. Winds are rising as you must have felt. And I must rise again. Not all are with me. But I hope you can back me up. But for now it's my responsibility. Sandra, the strongest wind will blow from the east today. And you must flee south, to protection.

Yours always,

K

Warning bells ran in her head as she looked far away, assessing the huge desert with narrowed eyes. Winds get stronger and stronger by each minute. So, enemies are here. And what chance can they possibly have against this enemy when Jaqen, her brother, is not even in the city.

Fear crawled up her body like a snake. Hissing, in her ears to run. She gritted her teeth and denied the voice in her head. No way, she won't run. Never. Instead she strolled towards the sand castle, fast on her heels. The servants opened the gates with the same nervousness that she felt inside her. She entered inside giving a look at the wards on the door that held every sand particle outside, not even one could pass through it. Yet. She thought as the wind swirled in a horrific motion. She turned and walked faster in a blur towards her cabin. Her assistant gave her a small towel the moment she came in. She wiped her face with shivering hands. Then with a gloomy look, she sat in her chair.

"Summon everyone in the halls now. Every servant, child, old and even my brother. Yes, Mike sent a letter to Jaqen. City is soon going to be under attack. Prepare for an emergency" Sandra ordered seriously.

Mike looked at the Lead Protector, Sandra with bewildered eyes.

"Under attack? By whom?"

"Wind God"

                   *********

Bill smiled at the audience in front of him. They came. Thank goodness. He thought relaxing a little.

Lauren had warned him at once after she saw the dream. The Ally cities had received Bill's letter of request for an audience in the Ninth city after years. The Lead Protector of the Fifth city has sent an assistant. Faze, a lean man with half of his silver hairs covering his face. The Lead Protector of the First City sent the Priestess of moon land, her eyes as deep as the shallow pools of the sea. She extended a hand from beneath her red robe to move the ginger hair from her heart shaped ebony face. Beside her, Faze coughed like a patient of a horrible lung disease. Bill passed him the water worriedly.