GLOSSARY

Hello wattpaders! So I am updating this after a long time. Hoping you guys liked the first book in the series. As you may have noticed it still needs a lot of work. And I am working on making it better, more smooth and interesting to dig in.

There are lot of terms you may found not properly defined n the chapters. So I will try and explain them here. (Assuming for my on benefit that you are still interested lol)

Glossary

1) Power

So what is power exactly? Well you can think of it as an energy inside the protectors of the cities. The energy that provides them extraordinary abilities.

2) Protectors

Protectors are descendants of the power gods. Their duty is to protect the city they live in. Lead Protector is someone who is assigned as the head of the city. Lead Protector is above any law and disciples.

3) Descendants

Usually a descendant is considered as someone who is descended from a particular family line. But in this context, descendants are not blood related to Power Gods. Anyone born with the power inside them is a descendant. And yes, sometimes more than a member of a family can have the power. For ex- Lauren and Cam, Suzy and Phill, etc.

4) Power Gods

Power dimension is the creation of Nine Power Gods. Estherial, Saphier, Blaze, Azhazel, Charlie, Jaqen, Ophidian, Mary and Levin are the Nine Power Gods. Each of them had a city under their control.

5) Ruins

(Reference to ch- City of Ruins) The magical ruins in the third city are the after results of fight of great gods. The impact of the power and magic has made them epicenter of a great power source. (The reason Lauren could feel the magic in them humm with her powers).

6) Wind Scars and Dark scars

Now they can get confusing. (Lauren mentioned Wind God has 'Dark scars' in the first chapter whereas Maze describes them as the 'Wind scars') The reason behind this confusion is because as I have mentioned in teh previous update- Azhazel (The Dead Being) and Charlie share Dark forces. So the 'Dark scars' that are branded on the initiation of a dark power and 'Wind scars' that Charlie recieved from his wind wielding days (will be expalined further in series) seem quite similar. The reason why Lauren assumed them incorrectly as Dark scars.

7) Dead Being

So what is a dead being exactly? You can imagine them as zombies BUT with a strategic mind and a lot of strength.

8) Reincarnation

One of the most confusing concept is probably the whole reincarnation thing. Assuming *spoiler alert* you know Azhazel is Karl and Karl is Azhazel; the explanation by Karl was a little vague. Why? He himself is struggling about his new body. (But author knows hehe) Karl soul was taken over by Azhazel's soul when he was baby. So he has two souls in his body but Azhazel's is the most dominating one. When he says that now their souls has became kind of one, is because that's Azhazel speaking not Karl. He knows that Karl's soul gave up a long time ago. So since he never had any problem with Karl's soul, he just assumed that their souls emerged as one.

Similarly with Jazen and Jaqen. But it raises soem more confusing questions. *spoiler alert* Bill and Jackson explain that Lauren, Jennifer and George have souls of Blaze, Levin and Saphier inside them.

Does that mean Blaze, Levin and Saphier are not powerful enough to dominate their soul and that's the reason they still have control over their body? No. The reason they still have control over their body is because their bodies are not as strong as Karl's.

Imagine for a God to take over your body, you must have a strong one. Fortunately, Azhazel knew that and that's why he risked taking control over Karl. It's like Karl was specifically born for Azhazel's soul. Unfortunately, we can't say that for others YET.

Okay. Clear as a mud?

That raises another interesting question. So even if their bodies are not as strong. Can they still use the powers of the particular Power God's soul inside them? Yes they can! BUT only to a limited extent. For ex- Two Swords possessed by Lauren and George. *Wink wink*

9) Two swords/ God Swords

The flaming sword and ice sword are actually part of one legendary sword. (Will be explained further in the series) As I said before, the Lauren and George can use only limited powers from Blaze and Saphier's souls. The swords are wonder of that limited power. And Bill recognizes it right away.

10) Others

"When a God rises, the others rise as well. And since Wind God never died. It's safe to assume that others will simply reincarnate to fulfill the promise"

Now who the hel are others? Well chill down, they are the other power gods (members of  nine power god cult lol. Understood?)

Okayyyyyyy.......
So these are the terms I thought needed more explanation. If you want me to explain something else...well comment it people!