Undeniable Connections

Is it her charm or her ability to wrap people around her little finger, it didn't matter. She always got what she wanted.

A little mind control and her alluring dark gaze, the fish always got caught in the net.
So it was easy for her to ask help from Robert last night. And he came running like a dog on a leash to her, leaving his love behind. Love? No word can be more unrealistic for her.

Love is just a word created by the people who hide behind their selfish desires.

Who aren't strong enough to say that they need something from you but can't return the favour back. To her only the mutual attraction mattered. A connection that keeps you tied to someone. An undeniable connection that she shares with George Stewart.
They suited each other so perfectly. She felt her powers at their best when George stuck beside her.

But sometimes that power went way beyond and that's where Robert entered in her life. To pull her out of the darkness.

He hated her at first, but then let’s say it’s her exceptional charm again, she touched his vulnerable heart.

In the absence of Lauren, they grew closer and closer as the days passed. Closer to a point, Robert regretted his decision to meet her.

But Jennifer wasn't worried, she had learned to control her powers and it didn't really matter if Robert wanted to stay away.

"Care to explain, why did you go to that city tonight Jennifer?" Robert asked.

His gaze travelled to the trouble beside his seat. She was lying on the seat as if in a deep slumber. Her hairs spread around her like curtains.

Her mouth opened slightly. She wore a deep neck red gown that revealed too much skin. His jaw tightened and he looked away at once.

Guilt gripped him hard as he thought about Lauren all alone in his house. Would she forgive him?

"You are doing it on purpose, aren't you?" He asked bitterly.

Jennifer smirked with her eyes closed. Of Course she was doing it on purpose.

Even though Robert no longer mattered to her, how could she miss the chance to mess up the happiness of Lauren? It was a wrong decision on her part, to move back in the city and act like she belonged.

"Yes, you know me well Rob"

"What I know is that, you should mind your own business Jennifer" Robert snapped at her.

"It was a good opportunity to mess with her"

Robert pressed the brakes hard. And turned to stare down at her.

"You are better than that Jen. I am not telling you to fix yourself because I don't think you are broken. You are probably one of the strongest women I have ever met. But would it really hurt to keep your emotions in check?" Robert said, sighing.

Jennifer gave him an amused look and straightened up, a seductive look crossed her face.
Bending a little, she went close to him. She inhaled deeply and pouted her lips at him. Yes too close indeed, she decided when her heart jumped a little. After all, handsome mens have always been her funeral.

"Why would I do that when you are here to help me?"

Robert scoffed in frustration. As he pressed his legs on the accelerator, the car started with a jerk. Jennifer bounced back on the seat chuckling.

                    *********

"Hello! You look distracted" Suri said startling Lauren out of her thoughts.

They were dressing up for the meeting. Suri was dressed up in a formal knee length dress.

Whereas Lauren wore a simple top and jeans with her favourite brown leather jacket. Suri is one of her few friends in the city.