Vomit And Blood

Miya stared at the newcomers with interest. A wave of curiosity brooming inside her specifically for the red head. She reminded Miya of someone.

The way her movements are laced with authority but elegance as well. The way her unusually dark blue eyes shined with kindness as she passed the food packets to the poor people on the streets. They looked at her as curiously as Miya did. She reminded Miya of a pure goddess, she worshipped.

Could it be...? No! Miya dismissed the thought at once.

Beside the girl, her brother looked more cheerful as he worked in the blinding sun to hand the cold juice to children.
These two.....they aren't as bad as Miya thought. According to her the Pevensie siblings were two cowards who were too scared to face the dangers and ran away in human dimension. That's why it annoyed her to no end when Bill kept on praising the girl. But now she could see why. Miya is no powerful being but she can sense an aura. And the girl in front of her shined with almost a white one. Almost because among the white specks of light, dark patches weren't much clear but they were still there.

Lauren wiped her face with the cotton handkerchief that Kristina lent to her. She gave a girl food packet with a sympathetic smile.

The small girl looked so malnutritioned that her bones were visible from under her tethered clothes. Small girl looked at her and gave her a brilliant beautiful smile. Lauren smiled back with kindness.

"What's your name?"

"Nymeria" The girl replied in a singsong voice. Lauren bent down and kissed her cheek.

"You are beautiful Nymeria. I would like to play with you sometime"

Nymeria promised to play with her and went away happily.
Lauren remembered her earlier conversation with Robert and Jackson as she felt Miya's eyes watching her every move.

"What? Food packets, seriously? You told me to kill a crazy human intruder on my first freaking mission. You have any idea how annoying it was when he kept repeating that he is in 'Jumanji world' or something" Kristina complained to Jackson who looked at her with indifference.

Beside him Robert shared an amused look with Lauren, he winked at her when no one was looking. Lauren chuckled and earned a cold look from her best friend.

"She is going there to impress Miya. Bill's order. Sorry love" Jackson said dismissively shrugging with his big shoulders.

Jackson looked like a very buffy version of Robert and fiercer.

Robert pecked her lips as soon as they were left alone. Lauren blushed and chuckled happily.

"There is something I need to talk to you about," Robert said suddenly.

"You have to take this Miya seriously. She is your big chance to be a Lead Protector" Robert said urgently, his eyes scanning for any extra unwanted pair of ears around.

"I....it's irritating you know. Rob...I don't wanna be Lead Protector or anything, really! Why do you and Bill keep pushing me for this"

"Because! Think Lauren. Do you really feel that Bill can let a man rule the city who can be controlled by crazy Jennifer?"

"He doesn't seem so controlled now to be honest. But I get the point. Still, Samuel is a much better choice than me" Lauren offered shrugging.

"No sorry darling, not happening. Look I know he is familiar with the people, probably every lane and every granule of dirt in this place. But he is unfortunately not as powerful as a throne demands. We make him the Lead Protector, sure the crowd will dance with joy. Power guards respect him but.... enemies? No way. Seventh city will strike upon us the exact moment he is crowned. We need someone who can enforce the fear in them" Robert explained. Lauren sighed in frustration, moving out of his arms.