Part 6 Break Down!

Pooja's POV

I heard everything he said to Shikha before putting down the phone. It seems he really wanted to make it work between them because he loves her and he don't want to stay away from her. Of course, it has been four long years and this long time was not a joke..and a person like Shaheer would have obviously been serious. But seriously, it came as a jolt to him and even me. I MEAN WHY WILL SOMEONE BREAK HEART OF A PERSON WHO'S SHAHEER! He's so vulnerable, softie, kind, empathetic, jovial, friendly, lovable and most importantly real.
But who knows!? Should I go near him and console him for whatever has happened just now. His eyes were glistening due to his controlled tears. I could see it in the shine of moonlight. But I'm hardly a friend of him, I should go back!

With this thought, I entered the venue back and got indulged with my girl gang. Though the thought of Shaheer never left me. After good ten minutes he came inside, with smile on his face, so bright. After all he's a great actor.

He straight away went to Rohit and Saurav and gave them the much needed tight hug. They were taken aback by that, but hugged him asking, if anything has happened. He nodded in a 'no' as expected. I was pained to see him like that.

I got a bit attentive as he came near me and asked me "party bahut achi haina..! Reunion me maja aagya!" And I was dumbfounded at him. How he just does that. But I really wanted to maintain his privacy so played along.

"Yes. Bahut achi sab khush hainn ek dusre se milkar"

"Ha sab khush hai..khush hi to hai!" He said in a trance.

"Shaheer!?" I called him out of pain and care. I was really feeling bad.

"Ha?" He smiled at me but his eyes were glassy.

"Tumhe shayari bahut pasand haina!"

"Ha har toote dil waala shaqs shayar hi hota hai!"
He was looking elsewhere while I watched him intently.

"Kya hua Shaheer? Muje bata sakte ho!"

"Kuch bhi to nahi..kuch nahi!" He removed my hand which I had put on his shoulder and moved away.
I felt so bad for him.

_____________

Around 11:30 in the night, we all departed from the party when I saw Shaheer calling someone. After putting the phone he didn't move from the parking lot. He was waiting for someone, I guess. But I know he would never confide into me, so I let him do what he wants and I went away.
I was driving my car, when suddenly it stopped. I went out to check and there was some problem in the engine. The road was so much abandoned as it was 12 by then.
"Woah! Car broke down! Kya timing hai kya jagah hai! Uff!" I called in agony.
I was much ahead from the party place that's it worthless to go back there on feet. I sat in my car for a while. 20 minutes passed but not even a single soul passed me. Well its not the time to call 'souls'. Suddenly I heard someone whisteling and I turned to see. An apparition?
No no! He was Shaheer, walking down the path. But why?? Car kaha hai iski?

"Shaheer!!!" I called out to him.

"Who's there?" He called back and I moved in his direction.

"Mai hu, meri gaadi kharab hogyi yaar. 20 minute hogye wait karte huye. Par tum paidal kyu aa rahe ho?"

"Vo actually.. aaj.. bas man kia!" He again hiccuped as he giggled.
"Beer to or nahi pi thi tumne!?" I leaned into him to smell him and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Tumne peene..hi nahi.. di thi..par mera sar bhari ho raha hai!" He told me.

"Pehli bar pioge to yhi hoga...vo bhi pura ek bada mug." I held his hand again.