Part 31 The Aftermath

Shaheer's POV

Worli Sea Face, undoubtedly, is one of my favorite hangout spots in Aamchi Mumbai, and now it's my favouritest. I felt so good and content when I walked along the long stretched promenade in the evening with a splendid view of the sea in the background. We even sat along the sealine with my beloved who made my new year more enchanting and memorable. The panoramic view of the Arabian Sea and the cool refreshing breeze makes me happy but today I felt different ~ alive and wanting to live long. Live long with my companion.

I first thought of surprising her with a special proposal and planning a lot of things but then I realised that it's a big thing. A promise of lifetime and togetherness and therefore could not be childish. It needs to be subtle and convincing. That's why today I invited her for a day out, so that she could see beyond The Shaheer Sheikh. Beyond an actor, a friend, a heartbroken man. Beyond this all. I wanted her to meet the simple me. And I was about to say my heart out to her in the car, when I heard a crash sound and at last everything went black.

___________

Pooja's POV

My eyes twitched a bit as I opened them, while trying to adjust them to the light. I somehow opened the eyes and my head was spinning, because I was sleeping soundly till now. As I was trying to come to conclusion what happened, the doctor smiled and Rohit and Sehban waved at me.

"Pooja!" Doctor said.

"Umm..yeah! Kya hua? Mai yaha?" I asked all shocked.

"Accident hogya tha tumhara! But ab sab thik hai. Kuch scratches hi aaye hain tumhe. Painkillers likh di hain, take rest." Doctor explained and both Rohit and Sehban nodded at me. Everything came in my mind like a flash and I remembered that while driving Shaheer and me crashed with a tree.

"Shaheer? Vo kaha hai? Where's he?" I asked as I panicked.

"Ha vo bhi yahi hai..but use bahut jaada chot aai hai. Actually uska air bag open nhi hua, tumhara hogya or tum safe ho. Usko kafi bruises and head injury aai hai! Vese he's fine. We are taking care." Doctor disclosed the biggest horror of my life in front of me. But still I remained silent.

"Kya hum usse mil sakte hain?" I asked.

"Abhi nahi..he's not alright completely. He has to take a lot of rest!" Sehban said in between. And I looked at Rohit for assurance, he nodded in affirmative. And unknowingly a tear escaped my eyes.

_____________

After a time being of two days, I was allowed to meet him. Rohit had informed me that he had controlled the news of our accident and no media house knows about this. I was now normal and fine.
"He had undergone some stitches and minor treatment. He's fine now" Rohit told me as I was going to his room.

I walked in, and saw him lying on the bed Out cold. The sight made my eyes heavy with tears, as I have never witnessed an accident and someone immediately after medical treatment. That too Shaheer! I wiped my tears and sat next to him. Seeing him like this made me realise how much I would miss him if he ever left me. He has been part of my life since 7 damn long years now, my first serial, then Indonesia, then my fans asking about him and me, then Thailand, again ShaPoo thing, you know He wasn't there but he was. And 2020 was all about him. I can't imagine how it would be without him.

To my happiness, he opened his eyes and whinned in pain. I immediately took his hand in mine and caressed his head with my other hand.
"Sshh Shaheer I'm here only."

"I am.." he didn't complete and began to sob uncontrollably. I tried to hush him but he continued to cry and uttered "I..am..am..so.. sorry Pooja!" He took heavy breaths as if someone is choking him. I was scared to see him like that. Why is he saying sorry to me?

I wiped his tears and tried to pacify him. At last he was breathing properly but still tears were there on his cheeks. Red plump cheeks. "You manage to look handsome in every situation! Hahah!" I tried to joke and he frowned. He must be thinking that I have gone crazy.

"Tum.. suno!! I'm really sorry Pooja! Maine tumhara din kharab kardia. Maine sab kharab kar dia..tu..tum thik to hona! I'm really sorry!" He cried and cried.

"Mai dost hu tumhari, tumne kuch ni kia hai..I understand. Meri life ka second best day tha ye." I told him and he nodded while weeping. I again wiped his tears and he finally stopped crying. I offered him water.

"Ab tum aaram karo. Please!" I kissed on his forehead and left as I couldn't take it anymore.

____________

Shaheer's POV

I was asked to be in hospital for 3 more days. And all the time Pooja was there, by my side. Rohit and Sehban too never left us too. My friends and former co stars video called me as they couldn't come personally. You know then media will get to know that me and Pooja had an accident TOGETHER!

Today is my last day here and when in the morning I woke up, my room was so bright, the light from the windows refleted the white walls, making me want to keep my eyes close again. Due to the medicines, every morning I feel like I had slept for months, but thank God it's nothing like that. The muscles in my neck were still sore and stiff. I noticed Poo sitting on the chair by the window, she was staring outside.

I tried to stand but my head pained a bit and I groaned. Pooja's head swiveled in my direction when she heard me.
"Uth gaye tum!" She rushed towards me, sitting on a high chair beside me. "Ab kesa lag raha hai tumhe?"

"I..I am fine." I said. She gave me water and looked at me endearingly. I gulped down the water and at the very moment I was reminded of something.

"Hey! Mujhe tumse kuch kehna hai!" I said.

"Abhi nahi..pehle change karo..aaj ghar jaana hai na!"

"Nahi..mai or intzar ni kar sakta! Pooja listen.." I held her hands and entwined in mine.

"Thank you! Thank you for everything till now. Maine nahi socha tha us din vo sab ho jaega or aaj hum yaha ese..! You know what I mean right." And she nodded in a yes.

"So yaad hai mai gaadi me tumse kuch keh raha tha..tumhe shuruaat se batata hu..maine socha tha ke kuch special karunga tumhare liye..but kuch samajh hi nahi aaya..fir maine socha ke tumhe milata hu asli Shaheer se, jo ghumta hai, kya khata hai kya peeta hai..or khush rehta hai.. tumhare sath!"

Her pupils dilated at my words and she asked "kya hua hai Shaheer? Kya keh rahe ho?"

"Mai keh raha hu ki.. I love you Pooja! I really love you! Ab meri zindagi jitni bhi hai jesi bhi hai tumhare liye hai!"
I smiled to her as I finally said it.

'is mukkamal jahan me kahaniyaan to kayi hoti hain
Par jo sabse haseen hoti hai vo tumse shuru hoti hain!' I said in mind.
___________

Imagine last two lines in Shaheer's sexy voice🤭❤️
SethiDawinder here you go with the injury track!

Imagine last two lines in Shaheer's sexy voice🤭❤️SethiDawinder here you go with the injury track!