Part 22 Regrets?

Shaheer's POV

"Pooja! Listen yaar! Ek bar to suno!"
I called her from behind.

"Stop following me Shaheer!" She yelled.

"Arjun for you!" I corrected.

"Shut up!" While saying this, she made an extremely angry face. I was doomed.
She didn't listen to me and hurried like a storm out of my house. I tried to stop her..I...I tried to call her but.. to no avail. She has been ignoring all my calls and messages and video calls and everything since last night.
Though I have booked my flights back to Mumbai in this afternoon only. But still I want to contact her as soon as possible.
I am so idiot!!! So idiot to not tell her!! And so idiot to converse aloud on speaker!!

____________

Pooja's POV

"I was so ashamed to myself. How can I just do something like that.. that too with him!! We are merely friends and I did that even before!!? Matlab kyaaaa?? Ye kese possible hai?? WE MADE OUT IN A PUB? Hainn?? Ahhh!!! My head is spinning! It's too much.
And the thing is I don't feel bad that I made out..I am feeling bad that he didn't tell me!" I told Siddharth and he smirked at the end.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing! Mai ye puch raha hu ke you don't feel bad for it? Bata na!" He asked me and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Bata na!? And you just are angry because he didn't tell you?" He asked further with a mischievous smile on his face.

"Yaar! Tu chup kar. Muje kuch samjh ni aa raha hai vese bhi!'' I rebuffed.
"Vese do din bad to humare song ka teaser release hona tha!? Uska kya hua? Sab kuch ready?" I asked as I wanted to change the topic.

"I don't know yaar! Pata hai song release and promotions ki process is so slow. They have slowed down working on it! Esa lagta hai song release karne ke mood me nahi hai ye log." He told me with a frown on his face. And I got worried too. How's this possible? And why? Why sudden changes?
The song has been in pipeline from September and it's October end..! I don't know what's happening? This comeback project is so special for me. But my life doesn't allow things to happen normally. Sick!

"And why didn't Shaheer tell me about us?" I murmured but as I saw Sid, I realized I said it aloud.

"Maybe he regrets." He spoke.

"Regret what?"

"Regret whatever happened between you two." He told me straight forwardly.

"What??" I shrieked and Sid laughed.

"Calm down Pooja. It's nothing. I'm assuming. Just don't worry instead talk to him." He suggested but I don't think as him.

"Never again. If he regrets then I regret it too" I stated.

"Lagta to nahi..you kissed him back right" Sid asked naughtily.

"That was heat of the moment." I gave an explanation but seeing his smirks I came to understand that I have failed miserably. He was trying to muff his laugh.

"Hasna band karo tum. Ye sach keh rhi hu mai..I never meant that. Vo kiss just hogyi..we were not into it." And then I rushed out of his place.

"Arre khana to khalo..mumy ne banaya hai!'' he called.

"Ufff! Jhooth to ni bol rahe!" I laughed and stayed back for lunch.
Around 8 in the night I came back to my house because Siddharth's mumma didn't let me go so easily. She is beautiful. Then suddenly I remembered Shaheer's mom. She is too so nice and mature and absorbing.
Maybe all mothers are beautiful inside out. Angels in disguise.
I was so tired after the hectic day as right after coming to Mumbai I went to the directors and then to Siddharth's home. Now finally I am back but my life is not on track. That kiss is not getting out of my head. Why did I reciprocate?
Aagggh?! I hate this feeling.

I was getting ready for the bed while my cellphone's ringing pierced the silence. I could see the name flashing "Shaheer". I don't know why but I felt my heart rising to my throat. I didn't pick up as I'm ignoring him for whole one day. I just cannot talk to him and at the same time I could not do it anymore.
Nooo! I just didn't pick. Then after a minute, there was a knock on my door. And partly I knew who's there!
And I realised I was right as I opened the door.
Shaheer was frowning at me with his bag pack on his shoulders. He looked tired and again lean. I don't understand why he skip his meals.
But why I am worried. 'Let him do whatever he wants to do' I spoke in my mind.

"Phone kyu nahi utha rahi thi?" He finally broke the silence.

"Muje kyu uthana chaiye tha?" I quipped back.

"Muje tumse bat karni hai isliye!" With this he shoved me aside and entered in, put his bag beside the sofas and adjusted himself on the couch.
What is he doing?

"Kya kar rahe ho? Jao yaha se!?" I yelled.

"Nahi jaunga jab tak tum bat nahi karogi?"

"Jab bat karni chaiye thi tab tumne nahi ki..or ab..muje nahi karni. Get lost!" I retorted angrily.

"Yaar mujhse galti hogyi..."

"Mujhse bhi hogyi..! Vaha showroom me." I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Yar even I regret doing that. At least tumhare Sath to muje esa nahi Karna chaiye tha!" I was shocked to hear from him. He regrets kissing ME. Otherwise it would have been fine. Right?

"Just go away! You are sorry for all the things. So I am! Good bye!" I showed him the door. But he didn't budge.

"Kya hogya hai? Sab thik chal raha tha humare bich..."

"Oh hello! Humare bich kuch ni tha jo chale. Or jis tarah se tum jhooth bolte ho..!"

"Maine jhooth Nhi bola..sach chipaya tha" he cut me.

"Whatever you call it, for me it's a lie..or ab to tumne reason bhi dedia hai..you regret it that's why you didn't tell." I argued.

"No! Tum galat le rahi ho meri bat ko!" He said.

"Jao Shaheer please!" I said teary eyed. I didn't feel good as he was looking so tired.. he came straight away to meet me..but use nahi aana chaiye tha. It's nothing now. He just confirmed that Sid was right that he regretted and it was a mistake. And yeah..it is a mistake and it will always will be.
No doubts.
I said to myself..just to inform me. So that I can sleep but it hardly took over me.
I hope Shaheer got sound sleep as he was tired than me. He had left an hour ago. How I wanted not to say him to go but..!

Next morning I recieved a message on whatsapp from Siddharth and it was reading "producers are saying they are in debt, can't fund the song release right now! Maybe after a month or so! What the hell yaar! Sab drame hain..maine or bhi videos ki hain..! Isse pehle to esa kbhi kuch ni hua..! Kuch na kuch to fishy hai!"

And I was shivering! Why me always?

____________

A/N : I am quite busy these days..that's why updated late. I hope you enjoy this part. I'll try to be quicker next time.