Part 13 Mirage

Shaheer's POV

I finally am in Bhaderwah, Jammu and Kashmir. I AM HOME. I can feel serenity and a bit of happiness around me. Wow! I'm really excited to finally meet my parents after a long period, which seems ages, and the best part is they don't know about my coming. It's a surprise. My heart and head is now feeling a bit light and less burdened. I'm feeling so good in the lap of my Mini Kashmir. I just want to hug my ammi straight away as I gonna reach my home.
People near my house saw me coming and they were glad to see me. I just smiled at them and waved at some small kids who came running to me.

Finally I entered my house because it was open. I walked to only hear some sounds of happy talks. My ammi, my abbu and..!?
And?
There's a third voice and as I came in front of them to surprise them, I got surprised to see POOJA!

What!!!?
She was happily talking to my mum while both were sitting on the sofa. My abbu was sitting on the chair of dining. "Pooja?" I exclaimed.

"Shaheer?" Instead my mother happily exclaimed as she saw me. She hugged me tightly but I was stunned to hug her back and my eyes stuck at Pooja who was all smiles, looking at us.

"Tumne hume bataya bhi nahi ke tum aa rahe ho!?'' my father said from behind.

"Exactly Tumne muje bataya bhi nahi ke tum aa rahi ho!?" I asked Pooja.

"Wo beta ye yaha kuch kaam se aayi hai..to isne socha.."

"Socha ke mai yaha tumhare parents se mil lu. Aaj mauka bhi tha or dastoor bhi! But tum aaye ye dekh kar bahut acha laga!" She smiled at me and I understood what her work is.
She is here to say sorry and blah and blah.
But I AM NOT INTERESTED.
It's true that I came here just because of her letter. But I'm definitely not in a mood to face her right now. I need my peace, some space and my own tranquility. But now she is here. God!!
I'm so angry and pissed at her. Can't she just stop clinging. Why she is here?

_____________

Pooja's POV

I was not able to control myself from coming here. I was genuinely worried for him and I know that with his parents too, he gonna hide his emotions. He will pretend to be happy but I want him to let it all out... You know the mirage of tensions and feelings he's visualising is not there..I want him to realise this. That's why I stopped my shooting midway and suggested my director to shoot the leftover scenes here in Bhaderwah. Even Siddharth is here! As soon as I reached here I did put all my luggage in my hotel and came to meet his mom and dad. And trust me they are really an elegant couple as Shaheer says.
Beautiful inside out. Though they hardly came in my contact in past but in almost an hour they have treated me like they know me, since many years. My sweethearts!

We three were chit chatting about Shaheer and my work when Shaheer came. I was not surprised like his parents. I could really feel his mom when she hugged him tight. But I think, I grabbed all his attention.
Hahaha! I really never wanted that but it was natural reaction.

"Exactly Tumne hume bataya bhi nahi ke tum aa rahi ho!?" He repeated uncle's words, questioning me.

"Wo beta ye yaha kuch kaam se aayi hai..to isne socha.." her mom said when I explained him smilingly
"Socha ke mai yaha tumhare parents se mil lu. Aaj mauka bhi tha or dastoor bhi! But tum aaye ye dekh kar bahut acha laga!"
As I said that, his expressions changed from shock to anger. Maybe he's not happy to have me here. But I understand.
I'll explain him..no worries.

"Do you have a brain in your head?" He yelled at me, almost causing me to stumble as I was walking to him.

"Shaheer?" I said but he interrupted me and blabbered again.