Chapter seventeen

~Taylor~

I hadn't meant to get caught. It was supposed to be quiet. Leave, see if the pregnancy test I had taken was correct, and come back, if it was, cry myself to sleep, if it wasn't... the same. Tyler wasn't supposed to  come out, I wasn't supposed to crack under my dad's harsh glare, Zayn wasn't supposed to be there, he wasn't supposed to even have the video let alone share it.

Alisha.

I pull over on some abandoned road -I am not even sure where I am currently- and whip out my phone, finding her contact. It rings twice before she picks up. 

"Taylor?" Alisha asks, concern lacing her voice. She has been odd lately. Constantly sending me sympathetic looks, leaving me alone, distracting Ashton whenever I would have caught his attention. 

"You told him... You sent the video to Zayn! He wasn't supposed to know! No one, was supposed, to know..." I pause, a sob escaping me. "I was supposed to let it eat me up inside, and when I found out I was pregnant, get deemed a slut. Live with it, just so that nobody found out..." I let the last part slip. "Fuck." I mutter. 

"Taylor... You're pregnant?" She whispers, most likely shocked. 

"I don't know." I admit. "I was just going to go to the doctor to verify when my dad and Tyler got it out of me. Zayn came out of nowhere and showed them your stupid video." I wipe my tear stained cheeks, but it's no use as more continue to fall. 

"I'm so sorry Tay." 

"Um..." I begin, but I'm not sure if I should continue. 

"What is it?" She asks softly. 

I take a deep breath, leaning my head on the steering wheel of my baby. I guess I shouldn't say that given the circumstances... "I don't want to worry Brooke or Emma incase I'm wrong, but I don't exactly want to go alone so... um, are you busy?" I whisper the last part. 

"No. If you can come get me, I'd be happy to come with you." I can imagine her soft smile on the other side of the line. 

I let out a sigh of relief. Telling her I'll be there soon, I hang up and figure out a route to her house. I make sure to park a few houses down though. I text her a a few minutes later she gets in my car. "Hey..." I start quietly, feeling quite awkward. I haven't talked to her, not yelling, in years. Well, besides the biology room three weeks ago. 

"Hi. How ya doin'?" She asks kindly. 

"Honestly?" She nods. "I'm scared Ali." I whisper.

She wraps her arms around me in a much needed hug.

"I know hun... I know."

•••

"Okay then. We'll call you when the results come in, alright? It could be anywhere from a couple hours to a week, depending on how many test we already have." I nod, thanking the doctor, and leaving her, Alisha trailing behind me. As soon as we step foot outside the clinic, Alisha sits me down on a bench, wrapping her arms tightly around me. 

"Ali, I'm scared. Really, really scared." I whisper, against her shoulder. 

"I know Taylor. Why don't you go to Brooke's. She always knows how to cheer you up." I nod, pulling away. 

"Come with me." I sort of demand. She looks at me, baffled. But when she opens her mouth the protest, I hold up a hand, standing up determined, glaring playfully down at her. "You don't want to make a potentially pregnant girl mad, do you?" She rolls her eyes, but it doesn't stop the smile that spreads across her lips. 

"Fine." She huffs. 

I laugh, dragging her with me to my car. When we get buckled, I pause. "Thank you." I whisper, and she puts a hand on my knee. 

"You deserve it. I'm sorry for being such a bitch." I simply shrug, wanting to forget about it.

I start my car, connecting my phone to it and playing my playlist from Spotify, for when I need to cheer up. The first song that comes on is Car Radio by Twenty One Pilots, and Alisha and I both turn to look at each other, belting out all the lyrics in sync. This was our favorite song for years. When the song, sadly, comes to an end, we both burst out laughing. We probably sit there for almost two minutes unable to cease our actions, but when it finally dies down, I sigh. "What happened to us?" I ask as I pull out of the parking lot and make my way to B's house. 

"I... I was jealous. Of all of you. I mean, have you seen yourselves? You are all absolutely gorgeous. Inside and out. So, I decided that I could be popular on my own. Ditch you guys, make myself the typical Queen B. I really am sorry Tay. I was so fucking stupid. I really miss you all." I cast her a small smile, before returning my attention back to the road. "Speaking of," She clears her throat. "How long have you not been eat-"

"Oh no, I forgot to call Brooke and ask if she's busy, would you mind putting her on speaker?" I cut her off, panicking when Alisha brings of my ED. Truthfully, I never call B or Em, we all just kind of show up at each other's houses. She sighs, calling her from my phone. 

"Hello?" Brooke greets. 

"Hey B. Are you busy?" I ask. 

She laughs. "Like that's ever stopped you. Come on over."

"Thank you! Would you mind if I brought a... someone with me?" I glance at Alisha wearily, wondering what exactly to classify her as. 

"Sure. See you soon babes." The line cuts, leaving us in a surprisingly comfortable silence the rest of the way. When we reach Brooke's I burst through the door with Alisha close behind. 

"Lucy, I'm home!" I call, quoting the iconic show, I Love Lucy. 

"Ricky!" Brooke yells back, playing along. I hear her soft footsteps pounding down the hall, freezing when she sees Ali behind me. "What is Ethal doing here?" She growls, not letting up on the current theme. 

"Babes, give her a chance? Please? I'll explain soon, but just please." I beg.

She rolls her eyes at me. "Fine." She huffs. 

"I have an idea." I smile evilily, for no reason what so ever. Both Alisha and Booke raise their eyebrows at me. "Let's go surprise Emma!" I squeal. I guess I want to forget my previously sour mood, even if it is for just a bit. 

"To Fred!" Brooke holds up a finger, shouting, "Onward!" We march to my car dramatically, getting in and starting it. B and Ali are in the back, while I'm driving. 

To Fred.