Chapter thirty

"And here is your water. Are you folks ready to order?" The waiter asks. Everyone but Darcy orders, and then its my turn.

"Just a salad please." I smile kindly at him. He smiles back. A huff comes from across the table. I look over to see Zayn glaring at me, and from the looks of it Darcy does too.

"A-hem." She clears her throat over dramatically. "I'll have the steak salad."

"What?" Alisha asks.

"You hate salad Darce." Emma states.

So she was trying to get a rise out of Zayn...

"Yeah so? I can try something new!"

Completely ignoring her, Zayn continues to glare at me. "Why salad? Why not some kind of meat?"

I glare right back at the reference to my weight and eating habits. "I don't see how this is any of your concern Mister Andrews, but I am a Vegetarian. Have been for years." I snap right back. His jaw ticks, but he stays silent the rest of the lunch. I play with my food most of the time, as the other girls talk. Suddenly my phone rings. I excuse myself outside when I see it's Jacob. "Hey Jakey." I try my best to sound like Maggie but it obviously doesn't work, seen as he bursts out laughing.

"Nice try, but also, horrible try." He chuckles.

"Oh shut up. What do you want?" I huff.

"Rawr. Who bit you in the ass?"

"No one, just saw someone who makes me... confused. Now what's up Jacob?" He excitedly tells me about how his photography is going, Hails joining in at some point telling me how amazing the modeling is. "Alright, I gotta go. I'm glad its going well. I'll see you two later. Hails, make sure Jakey doesn't get into anything bad." I tell her, like I do with Mags most of the time when I leave her with Jacob.

"Oh course mama!" She reply, doing a lot better at sounding like my daughter than I did. "Kk, bye Tay. Love you."

"Love you too. Bye!" With that I hang up, turning to see the entire group staring at me. Well, Zayn and Darcy more like glaring, but I'm assuming for very different reasons.

"Come on, we should head back to the office. We still have to train Tay." Ali says, dragging me away from the harsh glares being sent my way. When we get to the car, as the driver begins heading towards the building, everyone turns towards me, folding their arms. "Who was that?"

"My friend..." I answer vaguely, offly confused.

"A friend, or a friend friend?" Emma asks.

"My friend..." I repeat.

"Okay, so there is Jakey, as you called him, but who is Hailey? She called you mom... do you have-"

I cut Brooke off. "No no no! No, she was mimicking Maggie. I always tell her to watch Jacob and make sure he doesn't do anything bad, when I leave her with him. Hailey helped deliver Mags, and after that she and her brother became practically family. They have been moving around with me." Their mouths turn into an 'O' shape, there arms slumping uncrossed. With no more chatter, the car ride is silent. I say hello to Winter as I pass, but don't get to speak any further with her, and suddenly Brooke and I are in her office.

"Okay, you are my PA, right? You can help Ali and Emma, but you do respond to me." She says as I sit across from her desk in one of the large puffy chairs.

"Okay... Isn't Alisha, Emma's assistant?"

"Yeah.... OH! You are probably wondering why her desk isn't in there. Well, they had to be... separated. If you know what I mean." Brooke makes two circles with her hands, smashing them together.