Chapter twenty-three

~Tyler~

"Okay, we are going to give you a picture of yourself, and you are going to circle everything you don't like, and what needs to change in your mind." Danny tells her from where he stands in front of the desk. My dad and I stand on one side, as Zayn and Brooke stand on the other, my parents, Alisha, anand Danny spread out in front of her. She nods, grabbing the pen and going at it. 

"Well, I want a bigger thigh gap. Look at that, how close they are." She shudders as she looks at it. 

Lies.

"My stomach needs to be way flatter. It sticks out so much."

Lies.

"My ribs should show way more. You can't even see them!" 

Lies.

"Ew those collarbones. There is way too much fat around them."

Lies.

"My face and neck. Have you seen that double chin and how fat my cheeks are?" 

Lies.

A large sigh escapes Zayn, and he looks away. Danny gulps. "Alright, now, we are going to show you another picture. I want you to compare yourself to her, and tell us what you want to be different between you and her." He says. 

She is going to be so mad when she figures it out. I think to myself.

Taylor clears her throat, studying the picture in front of her. "Um, her face is too thin. So maybe a little more meat, she looks like a raccoon with how dark those circles are. And her collarbones and ribs stick out a bit too much. A little more meat there too. And her thighs. Her legs look like they could barely keep her up! I mean they are basically just bones. Oh, her stomach... it goes in just a tiny bit too much, so if I lost maybe twenty more pounds I'd be good, to get rid of all the fat I have, but not get to that point, ya know?" She clears her throat again, obviously feeling awkward. 

"TayTay..." I whisper, feeling my heart break for my twin. 

"Babygirl..." My dad speaks up. "We put a filter on the second picture. Look closely and compare it to this one." He sets down a blank copy of the one Taylor drew all the circles on. After staring at them for almost a minute, she gasps, looking up at me with tears in her eyes. 

"Oh my God." She chokes out, getting up and running out the door. My parents an I immediately shoot up, but Zayn stands up slowly, stopping up. 

"Mister and Misses G, Tyler, can I talk to her? I don't think anyone is really thinking rationally right now, and if she is going to be mad at anyone for potentially hurting her, it shouldn't be her family." He reasons. We contemplate it for a while, before nodding and he walks calmly out of the room, but being closest to the door, I hear his footsteps pounding down the hall as soon as the door is shut. I smile, but it drops as I flop onto the bed next to Brooke.

A silence settles over us, as we wait for Zayn to return with my sister. My parents reside in a corner, whispering softly to each other, my mom's head on his shoulder, my dad resting his head on her's. As Brooke and I lean against the headboard, Alisha and Danny sit on either side of the closet door, on the wall across from us. 

"Danny... where did you come up with that anyways?" Hearing Alisha ask this spikes my interest. It's true, he came up with this on his own. Or so we thought I guess. 

"I read about it in a book." He shrugs. Brooke starts coughing dramatically next to me, grabbing playfully at her throat as if what he said shocked her so much she started choking.

She gasps jokingly for air. "Danny-boy... r-r-read?" Danny scowls at her, before he sticks his tounge out at her childishly. This lightens the mood in the room, making everyone laugh. 

It only takes a few more minutes until Taylor returns with a bit color on her sickly pale cheeks. I narrow my eyes at Zayn's arm, which is draped over my sister's shoulders. "Alright, alright, break it up." I huff. 

"Oh calm down. You're just like your father." My mom laughs. I look to our dad to see a scowl mirroring my own, set firmly on his face. Zayn holds his hands up in mocking defeat and steps away from Taylor. "Are you better honey?" She asks. Taylor nods. 

Going over to the desk she previously was at, she sits in it and picks up the pictures of herself. "I need help." She whispers, her voice cracking. 

Alisha and Brooke are quick to run next to her, pulling each other into a group hug. 

"It's okay babes. We'll be here for you the whole time." Brooke promises.