Preparing For Takeover

~With Peter~

In two weeks, I'll be clashing with Adam for the NXT Title. And since it's going to be in my hometown, I wanted to do an entrance that will be memorable for not only NXT, but in my career. I had to give a call to Chris and see if he's interested in performing while I'm on my way to the ring.

CJ: Hello?

Me: Hey, Chris, it's me Peter.

CJ: Hey, Pete! How are you!

Me: I'm good, how about you?

CJ: I'm so excited for your match with Adam Cole!

Me: I know it's so crazy about how I debuted and now I'm getting an opportunity to compete for the title that fast! Listen, you think you can do me a favor Chris?

CJ: Sure. Anything!

Me: It's in the main event and I wanna know if your band could perform on my way to the ring?

Chris was a bit shocked and knew that he wanted to, but there was one thing holding him back: AEW.

CJ: Man, it would be an honor, but with AEW a going on, there's a chance that I won't be able to it because of that.

Me: I see. I wanted to make that happen and with the ratings war, it won't happen.

CJ: I'm sorry, dude. I can't do it without Cody's permission, especially Hunter's.

Me: I'll talk to Cody and see if we could make it happen. I'm feeling positive that we could make it work.

CJ: I'll send you his number.

Me: Thanks Chris.

CJ: Call me if Cody and Hunter made a deal.

Me: I will. Thanks for the time, Chris.

CJ: Not a problem!

Me: Bye now!

CJ: Bye.

As soon as I ended the call, I wanted to talk with Hunter about having Chris and Fozzy perform while I'm on my way to the ring. When I got to his office for that idea, he became interested almost immediately.

Hunter: You want Fozzy to perform while you're making your entrance?

Me: Yes sir. I talked to Chris about the match in Toronto and he said he was interested, but, can I say the company's name?

Hunter: You sure can. Vince isn't around so you're in the clear.

Me: AEW is holding Chris back. That's why I wanted to talk with you having him and his band play while I'm going to the ring for my match with Adam and strike a deal with Cody.

Hunter: Cody as in "Cody Rhodes"?

Me: Yes.

Hunter: You know this could get us in a lot of trouble if we even do this behind Vince's back.

Me: I know, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Hunter: Let's talk with Cody Rhodes and see if he'll allow Chris to perform for you.

Me: Let's do it.

I gave the number to Hunter and he put Cody on speaker. When he picked up, he answered.

Cody: Hello?

Hunter: Cody, this is Triple H from the WWE how are you?

Cody: What's up Hunter! It's been a while since I heard from you!

Hunter: Doing well. Listen, do you have the time for a quick talk?

Cody: Yeah, what's going on?

Hunter: It's the situation regarding one Chris Jericho.

Cody: What about him?

Hunter: One of my performers wants Chris to perform for his title match and he wants to get the "okay" from you.

Cody: I mean, AEW is not a cult so if Chris wants to perform while your guy is making his way to the ring, I'm okay with that. I'm not going to say anything about this to anyone because if this comes out, we'll get a ton of backlash.

Hunter: I agree. Anyway, that's the reason I called you: just to get an "okay" from you to allow Chris to perform.

Cody: Thanks for calling Hunter!

Hunter: No, thank-you, Cody. You made this happen. This might sound a little bit of a headline, but my guy Peter Reynolds, who's the challenger, he's actually from Toronto and that's why I wanted to call.

Cody: Wow! Tell him I hope he has a great match!

Hunter: I will. Thanks Cody.

Cody: No problem! Have a good day, Hunter!

Hunter: You too. Bye!

Cody: Bye.

He hung up and we had a little celebration.

Hunter: We got Chris!

Me: Awesome! We gotta tell Adam about this, especially Chris.

I gave a call to Chris and when I told him he was allowed, he was excited.

Chris: Peter, it would be an honor to perform for you. I will see you up there!

Me: Absolutely, Chris. See you then!

CJ: Thanks! Bye now!

Me: Bye.

We hung as I was texting Adam the idea for my entrance. He was shocked to hear that Chris was going to be performing for me.

When I went home, Kairi was expecting me to say something and I had to. I was grinning ear to ear and she knew what happened.

Kairi: Why are you so happy all of a sudden, Peter?

Me: It's Chris Jericho. He's going to perform while I'm heading to the ring!

Kairi: OH MY GOD!

We hugged and kissed as we started doing our own personal celebration if you know what I mean.

(A/N: I do like smut and lemons, but I won't be doing any of that in this book or any stories in the future. SORRY!)

~3 hours later~

We were in the bed and Kairi wanted to tell me what's going on next Wednesday.

Kairi: Peter, there will be a fatal four way to determine the number one contender for my title. Should I be nervous? I think I am.

Peter: Seriously? Why are you nervous so much?

Kairi: Because of Shayna. Since she got suspended, I feel like she's watching my every move.

She started tearing up and about to cry. I had move over to Kairi and pull her in for a hug.

Me: Kairi, sweetie, don't worry. If anything happens to you, I will protect you from anything. It doesn't matter if it's Shayna. I will protect you no matter what.

Kairi: I'll never get enough of you.

She kissed me and we went to sleep.