One More Match For Jericho?

~With Peter~

I went through gorilla to receive a hug from Hunter, Kairi, and Chris.

Me: Can't believe you're here, Chris! Why did you enter the Rumble?

Chris: I didn't want to, but when I heard the match was on your birthday, I had to ask Vince if I can come in at the last participant. I wanted to do it with you. Happy birthday, man.

He hugged me again and I was touched by how much love I'm getting from my mentor.

Vince: Chris? Peter?

Somehow, Vince wanted us. I kissed Kairi's cheek and I went with Vince and my mentor. He led us to a corner and we wondered what Vince wanted.

Vince: I've been doing a lot of thinking, you two. Chris, with a career spanning over 30 years, I think it would be appropriate, to have you as the first WWE Hall of Fame Inductee this year.

Chris was stunned and was looking like he was about to break down in tears. I had to pat his back.

Chris: I can't believe it. I thought I won't be in the Hall of Fame.

Vince: You deserve it, Chris. This is your year. And I forgive you for joining AEW. Also, there's another question I wanna ask you if it's not too much trouble?

Chris: Of course. Ask away.

Vince: How would you like to compete in one more match?

Chris was a bit surprised about it, but he knew his time has come. It was time for him to retire for real, but he looked at me with a smile and he said his answer.

Chris: One more, but with my protégé and my best friend, Peter Reynolds.

I was shocked. I didn't think he would say yes to one more match. I was ecstatic.

Vince: Very well, but you have to come up with a way to announce your retirement and that you're the first inductee in this year's Hall of Fame ceremony.

Chris: After the match, I will announce it.

Vince: That's good. I'll have it set as the main event, because I think it would be great to end a career that's influenced millions of people. Don't say anything at all until tomorrow night.

Chris: And Vince?

Vince: Yeah?

Chris: I wanna put over Peter.

What did he say?

Chris: He's a talented young man, he's the future of this company, it would be an amazing opportunity to do so. Plus, it's perfect timing since Wrestlemania's around the corner.

Vince: I'll allow that. You two talk this out.

Me: Chris. No. You should win your last match back here in WWE. You're a legend. You shouldn't lose.

Chris: I know, but you're the Royal Rumble winner. You're the future. You're my protégé, and I think it's time to announce my real retirement and announce myself as the first Hall of Fame Inductee. Peter, I wish that Danielle was here to see her son wrestle his mentor.

I was about to be in tears and he hugged me to calm me down. I did, but I wasn't ready for him to retire. I know he deserves it.

Chris: Pete. You're like a son to me and I'm proud of what you're doing. My last match is tomorrow and I want you to give me the fight of my life, but I want you to pin me for the win. Can you do it?

I was still in tears, but I had to say yes.

Me: I'll do it. Then, when the show goes off the air, you're announcing your Hall of Fame Induction, and I will help you do it.

Chris: Sounds like a plan.

Me: You announce your last match is tomorrow night on Twitter and we'll come up with a layout for our match.

Chris: I like it. Let's head back to the hotel.

Me: Let's go.

We went back to catering to find Kairi waiting for us and she was happy to see Chris. They actually hugged which was cute, really.

At the hotel, we said our goodbyes and went to our hotel rooms while Kairi went in mine.

Kairi: What was going on?

Me: It's Chris. He's going to compete in one more match with me tomorrow night and announcing his Hall of Fame induction.

Kairi: Oh my God!

She hugged me with excitement and it was really cute.

Kairi: You know what you wanna say?

Me: I do. He's a legend. Once the show's off the air, we're celebrating his career and he's sharing that announcement.

As soon as I said that, Chris announced it and that got people upset but happy for him.

@IAmJericho

"I'm emotional to say this, but tomorrow night will be my last match in a WWE ring against my protégé. Thank you for your love, support, and much more. @IAmPeterR, I hope you bring everything you got."

I saw a lot of people celebrating his announcement. I'm looking forward to his last match.

It is emotional, but it has to be done.