Meeting Kairi's Mother

~With Peter; Thursday Morning~

We finally landed back to Japan. It has been 4 months since I left this beautiful country. Kairi told her mom that she was coming home with a guest. She also told me that her mother doesn't speak English very well, so I had to rely on my Japanese.

Mother: *Kaori!*

Kairi: *Mom!*

They both hugged and smiled as her mother was smiling at me, confused.

Mother: *Who is this, Kaori?*

Kairi: *Mom, I want you to meet Peter Reynolds. My boyfriend.*

Mother: *Boyfriend? But he doesn't speak Japanese!*

Me: *I actually do, Ms. Hōsako.*

Her mother was surprised and shocked at my almost perfect Japanese and she hugged me then!

Mother: *Forgive me for doubting.*

Me: *It's alright. I understand you didn't know.*

Mother: *Anyway, let me bring you over to my house. You two must be hungry this morning!*

Me: *Yes ma'am.*

Kairi: *Yes, please!*

Kairi's mom drove us to her home and I will say, it's the cutest little house I've ever seen in a long time. When we walked in, she started cooking.

Me: I can't wait for Japanese food again. It's been a while.

Kairi: You're kidding right?

Me: I wish I was.

Kairi: Wait til you try my mom's cooking. It's so good.

Me: I'm looking forward to it.

Her mom finished and I wasn't expecting to have her cook this much.

Me: *Ms. Hōsako, do you mind telling me what this is?*

Mother: *Sure! This is a Namasu or Daikon and Carrot Salad

Mother: *Sure! This is a Namasu or Daikon and Carrot Salad. Daikon is a white pickled radish with sliced carrots. Enjoy my son!*

I took a bite and oh my God it was so delicious. This is the first Japanese food I've had in a long time, despite there being some in America and it wasn't as good as authentic Japanese food.

Me: *OMFG!*

They laughed as they were smiling at my reaction. This was so good in fact that I almost ate the entire thing in one sitting! In fact, I want to live here after I retire from wrestling someday.

Mother: *Kaori, how did you and Peter meet?*

Kairi: *It was at his contract signing. I fell in love with him since then.*

Me: *And I her.*

Mother: *Do you mind telling me how you met her, Peter?*

Me: *Well, it's basically what Kairi said, but funny thing is, she asked me out before I did!*