A Confrontation Worth A Ton Of Money

~One week later~

I landed in Brooklyn and it was a day before Takeover. Before I entered the hospital, I looked up "Peter Reynolds NXT 20__", and I got nothing, so I was in the clear.

~The Night of Takeover: Brooklyn - Four hours Earlier~

I checked back with Hunter to see if there were any mentions of Adam being informed about me confronting him, he said no so that got me a sigh of relief. I had to check in with everyone to make sure that I'm still a new signee to NXT.

Mauro Renallo, even though he can be annoying on commentary, he doesn't know that I'm here which was perfect because I want a genuine shock from him. Beth didn't tell Mauro anything, especially Tom Phillips.

Hunter: Peter, can I see you for a sec?

Me: Sure.

I walked into his office and Hunter seemed to be in a good mood.

Hunter: How are you liking being signed to NXT?

Me: So far, it's amazing. I can't believe how everyone is so happy and friendly to see me.

Hunter: I know the feeling, man. I just wanna let you know, whatever you do when confronting Cole is all up to you. When you enter the arena to be in his face, act intimidating. Can you do that like in your old days in Japan?

Me: Absolutely, I can do that.

Hunter: That's what I wanna hear. Go to catering, I'll let you know when it's time to go out there.

Me: Sounds good, Hunter.

I shook his hand and walked out. In the corner of my eye, I saw Kairi a little nervous while she was training for her match with NXT Women's Campion Shayna Bayzler, but when she saw me, she freaked out in all smiles.

Kairi: *PETER!*

Me: *Hey Kairi!*

Out of nowhere she hugged me. It was a little uncomfortable, I will admit, but I hugged back to make it not feel as awkward as it was.

Kairi: *Sorry. I feel I got carried away.*

Me: *No you're alright. I got it all the time when I was in Japan. It's no big deal.*

Kairi: *I see.*

She looked down a little nervous and I wondered what was that about.

Me: *You okay?*

Kairi: *A little nervous.*

Me: *About what?*

She looked up and with a frown.

Kairi: *I'm not sure if I can beat Shayna. She's too tough to beat.*

Me: *Hey, when was the last time you lost to someone that tough?*

Kairi: *I don't remember the time. Peter, I don't think I can do this. I have to pull out.*

Me: *Don't talk like that Kairi. When I was in Japan, watching your matches, you were relentless. You didn't take any garbage from anyone.*

Kairi: *How is that going to help me beat her?*

Me: *Look, I know how it is to be scared when facing someone like Shayna, and I faced a guy named Lance Archer. He was so tall and scary I wasn't sure if I was gonna survive. We had our match as it was for the IWGP US Title in a no disqualification match. Of course he'd try to beat me with his Blackout finisher, but you know what I did to beat him?*

Kairi: *What'd you do?*

Me: *I basically hit him below the belt and hit him with the Symbol of Anarchy and pinned him for the 1, 2, 3. The point I'm making here is that if you can beat Shayna, you can beat any more opponents like her. Does it make sense to you?*