How Great Booking Can Make A Difference In Ratings

~With Peter; Wednesday~

Now that we got the booking planned for Cesaro and Naito, I gotta design my gear for Takeover: Las Vegas. It's in three weeks and I know that my new music is "Judas" by Fozzy, but I don't want to debut it until Takeover. I went to Full Sail to be ready for the save on Naito taking down Cesaro in his non-tournament match against Kieth Lee.

Match Card:

Io Shirai v Shayna Bayzler (to crown the new NXT Women's Champion. Kairi must be so heartbroken and I couldn't blame her.)

Quarterfinal match: Matt Riddle v Killian Dain

Dominik Dijakovik (c) v Cameron Grimes

Quarterfinal match: Damian Priest v Tetsuya Naito

Team One Two v The Revival (c)

Cesaro v Kieth Lee (I come in to save Cesaro from Naito)

Results:

Io Shirai def Shayna Bayzler - NEW WOMEN'S CHAMPION (Kairi must be happy to know that her best friend is now the champion instead of one Queen of Actual Bullies.)

Quarterfinal Match: Matt Riddle def Killian Dain

Cameron Grimes def Dominik Dijakovik

Quarterfinal match: Tetsuya Naito def Damian Priest

The Revival (c) def Team One Two

~9:31 PM~

Cesaro verses Kieth Lee is up next and I can't wait for Naito to attack him. Unknown to that asshole, I'm coming out to beat his ass once he sets Cesaro for his Swinging DDT. His music played and I couldn't stand it.

Alicia: The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Lucerne, Switzerland, weighing at 232lbs, CESARO!

After a minute of making his entrance, Kieth came out to a huge ovation.

Alicia: And his opponent, from Silsbee, Texas, weighing at 323lbs, Kieth Lee!

Once they were both in the ring and they started slow and started to get a little fast.

~9:52 PM~

They must be running on fumes because this match is getting all of the support from the fans. One point, Lee did a moonsault from the top rope, but he missed, having Cesaro lock in the Sharpshooter. After a couple minutes, Lee got to the bottom rope and broke the hold.

The finish was actually pretty good, Lee was going for the Spirit Bomb, but Cesaro countered by attacking Lee in the head, then lifting him up and hitting Kieth with a European Uppercut to get the win.

But when he had his hand raised, Naito ambushed Cesaro, and was going for his Swinging DDT, but I came out at the last minute to beat Naito with a steel chair. Of course I would help Cesaro up to his feet and celebrate with him because he's a hard working son of a bitch who's been underrated for so long.

When I went backstage, I found out we had just beaten AEW's ratings at just 71% while that company had 70%. What a freakin joke!

But before I went to my locker room, Naito attacked me out of nowhere, lead me to a trunk, and slammed my right arm. It hurt so bad I couldn't breathe. What was even more worse was that he lifted the lid, put my arm in the trunk, and slammed it as hard as he could!

Gargano and The Revival helped me out to the trainer's room while Ciampa was attacking Naito until officials broke them up.

In the Trainer's room, turned out my arm was slightly cracked, but no serious damage was made. Thank God because I still wanted to put over Cesaro at Takeover: Las Vegas.

Trainer: If you can take it easy and not perform for a bit, you'll be good for next week.

Me: Sounds good. Thanks.

Trainer: Of course.

I walked out and I had to be in another Interview.

Interviewer: Peter, why did you go out there to help Cesaro from Tetsuya Naito?

Me: Listen, I have a tone of respect for Cesaro. He's been underrated for a very long time and now Tranquilo wants to take the spotlight from him?! Are you serious? I had to make sure that Cesaro has enough energy for next week. He's in a semifinal match with Matt Riddle and Naito I promise you if you try to injure Cesaro one more time, you'll be getting a beating from me!

Interviewer: What did the trainer say about the injury you suffered?

Me: Turned out it was a bruising. The doctor said I should be fine for next week.

Interviewer: And Peter, we never got to hear your prediction for the finals of the tournament. Who's your pick?

Me: What kind of question is that? I mean, there are so many talented superstars in NXT right now and if I had to choose, I'd say my favorite is Cesaro. Yeah Naito has been considered the best wrestler in the world at the moment, but no one is better than Cesaro. I mean, the guy's been a multiple time tag champ and a one time United States Champion. Everyone in the crowd said that he's underrated, and they're not even wrong! He deserves more and that was why he came back from Raw and Smackdown to start fresh. Now, if you can excuse me, I'm going home to check on Kairi.

I left and when I came home, Kairi was happy to see me... until she saw the bruising.

Kairi: Pete, what happened to you?!

Me: Naito tried to break my arm, but he ended up bruising it. I'll be cleared by next week.

Kairi: Good.

Me: I see you're hiding your anchor tattoo!

She laughed and I then chased her to the upstairs bedroom and tackled her gently as we started to make out until a love-making session happened.

Of course I would go easy because she still has a broken arm, which is now starting to get better and might wear a cast soon. And if I'm correct, she might get cleared soon so we can go after Naito and Bayzler after a couple months.

Match Card(I heard for next Wednesday):

Semifinal match: Cesaro v Matt Riddle

Semifinal match: Bronson Reed v Tetsuya Naito

The Revival (c) v Imperium's Marcel Bartel and Fabian Aichner

Io Shirai (c) v Kayden Carter

Peter Reynolds (c) v Tommaso Ciampa w/ Johnny Gargano (Naito will return the attack I gave him this week and Cesaro saves me as a return of the favor.)

Can't wait for next Wednesday on NXT.