Chapter 8

-{ INNER MONOLOGUE }┉ ┉
This was NOT how I saw my day going... hell, it's not how I saw my last year of school going!! Not only am I being forced to be king asshole's mate for some unknown reason, he threatened everyone I care about AND on top of it, I have to wait after each of my classes for "his hind-ass" to come and collect me to take me to my next class. The classes I have with him, I HAVE to sit next to him, prearranged seating or not. I'm beyond furious.

Not only do I have to play nice, but I have to deal with all the whispers and gossip about how the humans think I'm the latest flavor of the week and the pack knowing he's my mate. Well I call bullshit! I know in my heart he isn't and for the life of me I don't even know why he thinks I am... hell I don't even think he knows my name!!

She slams her head on her desk in class. Thankfully no one noticed.

━{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ }━ Someone just kill me now... *sighs*

Just as she sighed, the bell rang for lunch causing everyone to get up in haste and leave. She stood at the door waiting for her "master" to come fetch her, so that she may dine with his lordship. She was staring at her phone when she felt an arm slip around her waist tightly, and it gave her a sickening feeling. She looked up into the grey eyes of the guy she now despised with all her being.

━{ ⋆ Viktor ⋆ }━ Come my love... *starts walking towards the lunchroom pulling her along*

Once in the lunchroom, everyone goes quiet.

-{ INNER MONOLOGUE }┉ ┉
Great, now I feel like the spectacle on display at the zoo...

They walk over to the table where Viktor and his group sit and she just stands there as his food was already there waiting.

-{ INNER MONOLOGUE }┉ ┉
Such a pompous ass.. has some weak wolf get him his food for him so he doesn't have to stand in line.

She looks up and notices her friends in line looking at her signaling asking "what is going on?" Selene thinks quickly and turns towards Viktor.

━{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ }━ Ummm Viktor... Alpha... yea, I'm just going to get me some food, I'll be right back.

━{ ⋆ Viktor ⋆ }━ Hmm, I'll go with you. *starts to get up but she stops him by placing her hand on his chest*

━{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ }━ No no it's ok. I'll return... I promise. *gives him her best smile hoping he lets her leave*

━{ ⋆ Viktor ⋆ }━ *grumbles* Fine, but hurry back. You are to be at my side at all possible times.

━{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ }━ Right...

She turned to leave and his hand stopped her. Her eyes went wide with fear that she wasn't going to get away.