Chapter 28

Three days...

It had been three days since the holmgang and Selene has not removed herself from Virgil's side unless it was to use the bathroom.
No school.
No showers.
No going to the table to eat.
No seeing visitors.
No conversing.
Just sitting, and waiting.

Her friends dropped off her classwork for her, but she wouldn't get up to get it. Her food was brought to her, or else she wouldn't eat. She slept in the bed with him, or not at all. The only time she ever spoke, was when she was begging Virgil to wake up.

It was the morning on the fourth day and she was snuggled up close to him as she slept. As her mind started to lift the fog of dreamless sleep, she could feel her body was a lot warmer than it normal was while she was sleeping with him in the medical bed.

She absentmindedly nuzzled her face into his warm chest, not wanting to wake up from this wonderful feeling of his arm wrapped around her back and resting on her waist.

-{ INNER MONOLOGUE }┉ ┉ ┉ ┉
Wait.... what?
- - --

Selene suddenly opened her eyes and looked up to Virgil's face and she started to cry instantly as his eyes opened when he felt her shift up.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Hey baby...

His voice was hoarse and very scratchy, but his smile was wide and full of love.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Vir-gil?... *she said through the start of a throat closing sob*

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }*wipes her tears with his free hand* The one and only.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Oh Virgil!!! *wraps herself around him and he grunts a little at the sudden impact and pressure* I've missed you soooo much!! *begins to kiss him on his lips repeatedly*

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }*laughs* Apparently... *kisses her back a few times before he realizes she isn't going to stop anytime soon so speaks between her kisses* Babe *kiss* How *kiss* Long *kiss* Was *kiss* I *kiss* Out *kiss* For? *kiss*

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } A little over two weeks.

Both weren't expecting to hear the newcomers voice so they both quickly stopped kissing and looked over to see the smiling Ulfric. Selene blushing at having her mate's father catch them being somewhat intimate.