Chapter 24

Everyone was now in the living room. Selene's parents were sitting on the couch with Lilith and Stormy next to them. Standing by Selene was Marrok, his eyes ever watchful of Viktor. Aeron sat on Rand's lap in another chair, while Ulfric shoves his son into a chair to sit and both he and Ralph stood near to keep him seated.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Now that we are no longer crowding my comatose son's room, we can possibly have a civilized conversation.

-{ INNER MONOLOGUE }┉ ┉ ┉ ┉
Civilized? With Viktor? Yea right!! He's about as civilized as a cockroach!
- - --

He turned to look at Selene's parents.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } As I have mentioned to your daughter before, I do not tolerate the actions for which my eldest son has be currently doing. I nor his mother, had raised him to be like that and I can only image how embarrassed and ashamed she would be if she was still alive. *bit back tears as he glared at Viktor pointedly* I have also relinquished Viktor's traditional right to claim the title of Alpha King when I step down or die prematurely, as he is clearly unfit to hold the title properly.

{ ⋆ Viktor ⋆ }*grumbles* stupid fucking...

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } BUT, tradition also states that a holmgang to be held where the two will battle for the title, and one has been set for next week. Unfortunately, Virgil is looking like he will not be around to participate.

{ ⋆ Viktor ⋆ } Yeah, thanks again, babes. *blows a kiss towards her*

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Knock it off Viktor! *clears throat* So, once the time for the holmgang comes and goes and if Virgil is not awake by then, the default win will automatically go to Viktor.

Everyone gasped or seemed completely distraught by the news that things were not looking good for their pack's future, except Viktor of course.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } No Ric, there's got to be something we can do... something I can do!

{ ⋆ Marrok ⋆ }  There is.

Everyone shifted their eyes towards Marrok now as he turns to look at Selene.

{ ⋆ Marrok ⋆ }  It is stated that in the event that one of the combatants of the holmgang is unable to participate or is unable to battle, a person of close relation to the combatant is able to take their place.

-{ INNER MONOLOGUE }┉ ┉ ┉ ┉
I love how he is so knowledgeable. You wouldn't know it by looking at him, but he's really a geek at heart. He loves history and any and/all knowledge about us werewolves.
- - --

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Yes of course! How could I have forgotten? *looks towards Ralph*

{ ⋆ Ralph (Beta) ⋆ }  Maybe because we have t had a need for a holmgang in several decades? *shrugs*