Chapter 23

Ulfric took Selene to the infirmary and once she walked into his room she started to cry again. He had been forced back to his human form and he was laying in a hospital bed with all sorts of machines attached to him.

She ran over to the side of his bed and placed her hands on his face

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Virgil, please baby, wake up. I can't live without you. I'm so sorry! It was an accident! *sobs*

She was caressing his face as she cried, begging him to wake up. It was felt by everyone in the room that they could feel her broken heart. She blamed herself for this and she felt like she was dying inside. Ralph walked in and cleared his throat, signaling his arrival.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Raf, what is Virgil's situation?

{ ⋆ Ralph (Beta) ⋆ } Well Alpha, it seems like whatever happened to him, didn't do any physical damage per say but a little couple burn spots that will heal in a matter of days.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Then why is my son not awake, and not breathing on his own?

{ ⋆ Ralph (Beta) ⋆ } Alpha, your son is in a coma. Whatever happened, it has literally knocked the air out of him, so right now he is having a hard time getting oxygen to his brain. Therefor my wife put him on oxygen support to hopefully help get the air moving continuously to keep his brain from shutting down, and rendering him in a vegetative state.

At the sound of "vegetative state" Selene broke down in sobs again as she laid over his body on the bed.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ }*walked over and rubbed Selene's back soothingly* What are the chances he will come out of it?

{ ⋆ Ralph (Beta) ⋆ } Uhh well... according to my wife, she said that it all depends on the amount of oxygen his brain receives. Excellent amount of oxygen, he has about a 70% chance of waking up. Decent amount, 50% chance. Normal amount usually received in these cases, 30% chance. Inefficient amount?... well, then it's possible his brain will be damaged and he won't ever wake up. Even with being a werewolf, this is not something that can just be healed. So really, it's all up to him and how hard he fights... I'm sorry Alpha... Selene.

With that he nods and excuses himself from the room. Selene was just crying and begging the Goddess to let him live and be ok and to take her instead since it was her fault. Ulfric was distraught at seeing his basically daughter-in-mate-law completely destroyed. He tried to pick her up so she can go get some rest but she refused to leave him.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } NO! I will not leave him! This is all my fault so I will stay here until he wakes up!!

She pushed the Alpha King away. And normally he wouldn't allow such actions but he knows exactly how she is feeling because he went through the same thing with his own wife/mate.