二 ❀

Year 195

"Without your help, I wouldn't have made this much!" the owner cheered, "Thank you so much Inori!"

"Um it's no problem at all," I said calmly with a smile, "I hope you enjoy the rest of your day."

It was during this time that I found myself going to my house and to the backyard. I sat quietly on a wooden bench and observed my small garden and colorful butterflies around me.  The delightful smells that waft through the summer air, the sound of birds and the tinkling of wind chimes. It always allowed me  to understand that my garden is truly a delightful mix of fragrance that is brought alive by the sounds of nature and enhanced with colors that only Mother Nature herself can create.

It took me away from the fiery chaos of today's world. In this town, I was always the go-to person, the one who looks after others, the one who cleans up the blunder of someone else, or the one who is always expected to catch other people when they take a fall. Whereas the peacekeeping squad was in charge of putting the infernals to rest.

Many of the men and women of this town had succumbed to the flames, so the number has decreased since then. It was often requested by the people and the peacekeeping squad that a Fire Force start here.

But can there be a place where we live in peace?

Yuki wa shiroku daichi wo somete

Sora he tsudzuku michi wo tsukuru

Musu'n da te ga maboroshi no you de

Tooku mieru senaka ni fureta

Hako no naka no jikan no you na

Onpu no nai ritarudando

Ashita tokeru yume no naka dakara

Eien made aruite ike sou de

Kasa no kage de sotto

Hohoe'n da hitomi

Himitsu meita yoru

Futari dake de

Yasashiku naru zanzou

Tooku mieru gaitou

Sekai wa ima chiisana hakoniwa

Yorokobi he tsudzuku

Shiroi michi wo zutto

Futari de ikeru to

Shinjite mitaku naru

Sayonara to sotto

Tsubuyaita ato de

Ashita aeru no ni

Fushigi ne to

Warau
Fallin' snow

I sighed knowing that peace was inevitable during these time. But at this moment in time, all that could be done was to admire the beautiful scenery that encapsulated peace.

Yuki ga toketa asa ni wa kitto

Kieta yoru wo omoi nagara
Yuki no hi wo

Utai nagara

"Inori!" someone yelled.

I sighed as I rose from my seating position and walked towards the front of my home to see Konro standing at the front with a smile plastered on his face.

"Yes?" I questioned while smiling warmly towards him.

"U-Um, a couple of our men were injured when laying an infernal to rest and we need your help with tending to the wounds, c-can you help us?" Konro stammered causing me to chuckle. Considering he was much older than me, 35 years old to be exact, he was always so nervous around me and it was quite cute. Benimaru, the guy that was always by his side or his protege, was the polar opposite and would look at me with disgust. I was quite glad to see that it was Konro this time rather then Benimaru coming to my home.

"Yes, I can help you," I replied, "Let me get my kit and supplies and I'll meet you at the compound."

"Y-yes," Konro said with a small smile and a small hint of pink coming from his cheeks, "Um uh...See you shortly."

He left and I turned around and walked over to my kitchen to pull my materials.

This was the least I could do for now...