六十七

Note: Happy New Years!

Walking side by side with Joker, I realized how much rain we were getting. The rain brought about a richness to each hue of each building of Asakusa, the browns deepen in a way that soothed my heart, bringing steadiness to my soul. The streets were abandoned due to the rain.

A lot of these things went unnoticed since I was always just heading towards the destination. So standing outside, leaning against the walls of Special Fire Guardhouse 7 while Joker makes an audience with Benimaru, really gave me the time to appreciate Asakusa. Sure I missed this place, but I didn't want to come back to it.

"You're going to break into the Holy Sol Temple?" Benimaru asked, "Just a prayer right, you keeping it wholesome."

"Why don't you come and see?" Joker mentioned, "Inori is tagging along for the ride."

"Alright, enough with the illusions," Benimaru said, "Who are you?"

"Just call me a Dark Hero," Joker answered.

Benimaru mumbled. I could imagine him having an annoyed expression on his face.

I pushed the Noren aside and walked in to see Benimaru look over Joker's shoulder and his eyes focus on me. I guess validating my presence really got him curious.

"You're aware the temple is hiding something right?" Joker asked, "Don't you find that suspicious."

"No more suspicious than I find you," Benimaru shot back, "Especially with my girlfriend."

Joker chuckled as he pulled out a cigarette and snapped, lighting the cigarette instantly. The rich oaky smell of the stick permeated the room, wisps of silver-grey smoke curled and danced in the air. He was probably chuckling at the fact that I said those very words to him and now he seemed to have nothing to say.

"So he is the boyfriend you mentioned, you really are his queen," Joker commented causing me to quirk an eyebrow, "I am glad I went to you first before him."

"What are you doing with him Inori?" Benimaru questioned.

It was a simple question, and yet with undertones of jealousy laced behind it causing me to chuckle at it.

"I need to find some information about something," I answered, "So my team and I offered to assist him only if you agree that way it looks more legitimate."

"You have my attention," Benimaru said as he focused his eyes back towards Joker as he chuckled darkly, "So, why did you ask me to come?"

"Because you already had a taste of the temple's true nature," Joker mentioned, "It is behind the oppression of you Proto-nationalists right? I was hoping you might have a grudge to settle."

While they conversed, my phone vibrated causing me to pull it out and look down at it to see Akira's requesting to facetime. I opened the phone and accepted to see Akira's camera positioned at multiple angles showing the security and scope of the place. This was going to be annoying to get into.

"Is there any weak spots?" I asked.

"The front gate is the only weak spot," Ichijiro answered, "If Benimaru agrees, then the firepower of you two alone can wipe out the security."

"Understood," I answered, "Make sure to remain low and keep the masks on."

"Roger roger," Akira answered as he hung up and I closed my phone and tsked.

This was literally the only night I knew I could get this chance and knowing Benimaru, I know he would follow along.

I blinked when I felt someone latch their hands onto my wrist and pull me further into the guardhouse and into a private room.

"Want to explain to me why you need to go to the Holy Temple?" Benimaru questioned as he looked down at me.

"Not really," I mentioned, "I told you, we may be a couple but whatever my team and I are involved with, doesn't concern you until you rectify your wrongdoings with them."

Benimaru simply stared down at me silently, the passive expression on his face as he wrestled with his own mind over the matter at hand and ultimately losing as he sighed knowing it was no point in pushing to get his question answered. He slid his hand under my chin and planted his lips on mine. I instantly closed my eyes to the surprising affection from him. His tongue was instantaneous and urgent in entering my mouth. It wiggled, it pulsated and made contortive sweeps of my mouth's vault. When he pulled away, a string of saliva came from our mouth. Benimaru took his thumb and wiped the string from my mouth as his eyes remained focused n me.

"Fine," Benimaru mentioned, "Hopefully, by going with you and Joker, I can mend my relationship with those two teammates of yours."