六十一♡

"You don't cook much do you?" I questioned as I looked out on the table at the food before me and had a quirked eyebrow. 

"Not really, Konro usually does the cooking or the old lady brings food over to the guardhouse for us," Benimaru said as he pulled the chair out and sat down.

"Itadakimasu," we both said as we both pried apart each of our chopsticks, dipped them into the bowl and started to eat the ramen. That't right, Benimaru made ramen for breakfast but given it was late in the day-it was acceptable. I took the first slurp of the noodles I recognized the taste of the ramen and credited Benimaru for making it so skillfully.

"Thank you," Benimaru said as he gave a small smile taking some of his noodle and eating it. 

Eating this bowl was exquisite to say. It was shocked that Benimaru was able to get the flavors out of each spice and how each noodle was perfectly made. 

I was so out of it that I noticed some noodles leaving my bowl but not by my means.

"Stop stealing my food!" I whined.

"Stop looking at it the way you do and I won't steal it," he countered causing me to glared down at him as I  began slurping the noodles faster. 

We both absent-mindedly used our chopsticks to pick up noodles out of the bowl and slowly began to chew on the last of it. What was staring was that we had the very same noodle in our mouths and bit down to each other, our lips gradually getting closer to each other.

Before we realized it, we had not bit the noodle down to the point where our mouths were just inches apart from one another. My blush reappeared at being so close to Benimaru as he continued bite down the noodle and headed toward my mouth until his lips touched mine as he bit the final noodle in half. My body froze while my soft lips were pressed on Benimaru's and I fought my instinct and pressed my lips on his by my own movement. Benimaru's hand gently framed my chin as we kissed as I fought being light-headed from the both quick and joyous surprise of the kiss.

"Beni..."I thought as that was about all I could think at the moment as Benimaru used his other hand to move the now empty ramen bowls off the table; so he could lean over it before breaking the kiss.

"Delicious" he commented as he licked his lips and I regained my composure and smiled, saving myself from falling out the chair from the happiness of the kiss. 

"T-Thank you Benimaru, for the meal," I said.

"Properly thank me, by coming to the festival with me tonight," Benimaru asked.

My eyes widen as I turned and looked up at him. The festival was still a think? I thought that it ended weeks back.

"I know you left Asakusa a while back but did you really forget that the Mid-Autumn Festival last about a couple of weeks long?" Benimaru questioned.

"Yes..." I thought to myself as I sighed and rose from the table, "Then I should leave to get ready."

But the moment those words left my mouth, Benimaru rose from his chair and pulled me closer to his warm body for more passionate kisses. Kissing me deeply; maybe he was doing this to prevent me from leaving Asakusa...maybe he was scared that I would bail on him again. Regardless, He was acting different from the persona he usually presented himself as when he was patrolling Asakusa--he was acting like a softie to show emotions that is not necessary when one holds the title as "Destroyer of Asakusa.