❃二十❃

There isn't a sound except this. There's nothing except you and I that exist. We've lost all sense of space and time by confessing our feelings for one another.

However, this moment came to an end when my stomach growled. It was still mid-day and I hadn't eaten a single thing.

Benimaru pulled away and glanced down at my stomach. He chuckled at the sound as I turned my face away attempting to hide the blush of roses, that peek of champagne pink that had risen on my face while placing my arms around my stomach.

"Let's get to the BBQ place," Benimaru said as he edged his hand toward mine ever so slightly until I felt his fingertips brush my hand. I unfurled my fingers and let his slip around mine until I could feel the heat of his palm pressed against my own.

More red leaked into my cheeks as I nervously smiled and bit my lip. What the hell was Benimaru doing to me?! One minute we are fighting and the next we are walking down the streets hand-in-hand. Who would have ever known that I had fallen in love with Benimaru? My heart was set to going to Konro due to the kindness he showed me when Benimaru took my confidence away and yet my heart when to the guy who didn't want me to follow my dreams...Why?

I looked at him from the corner of my eyes before quickly averting my gaze when I caught him looking back at me. I honestly couldn't believe that I had spilled my heart out to him and ever since then, he had been giving half of a smile.

"You're going to have to look at me sometime, Inori," Benimaru smirked causing me to blush. It was true that many of the townspeople in Asakusa were gossiping about this. The much older ladies were ecstatic about it, the younger ones weren't as much.

"S-Stop it, people are looking," I said while bumping shoulders with his. He laughed under his breath before slipping his hands out of mine and wrapping it around me. I want to faint from embarrassment right now.

"We are here," Benimaru said.

I looked up and sure enough, we were.

"This place is expensive!" I exclaimed.

The place he chose had to be the most expensive one! Sure the restaurant was known for its pleasant ambiance and excellent food quality but it had the highest prices.

"So," Benimaru said lazily as he pushed the Noren to the side and dragged me along inside.

"Ah Beni, nice to see you!" the hostess stated while looking at Benimaru seductively. Oh my gosh, he probably fucked her as I smacked my lips together and held the bridge of my nose.

"Table for two please," Benimaru said while letting out a heavy sigh.

"Oh, so they have a history..." I thought as I looked between them.

"Two, will Konro be joining later?" she asked.

"No," Benimaru bluntly answered, "My date is right here for the evening."

"Now...I don't want to eat here..." I thought a bit afraid, "she better not spit in my side dishes."

She looked towards me and then looked me up and down and rolled her eyes.

"Oh great..."

"Follow me this way," she said flatly.

"Her tone changed quickly!" I thought as I followed Benimaru who followed behind her and she led us towards the table we would be sitting at.

We both took our seat across from one another as our waitress came over, turned on the stove, and moved wordlessly to and from the table, keeping the platters and glasses full. As swiftly as she turned the gas on and lit the fire, the meat came pouring in: beef tongue (tan), boneless short rib (karubi), shoulder (rōsu), chuck (kata rōsu), tenderloin (hire), and skirt steak (harami). Sure they sound disgusting but from this place, they were delicious. Because the meat is seldom pricked during cooking, the fat accumulates, sizzling and bubbling. Slice, and the drama unfolds. Why the food was making a spectacle, the side dishes like miso soup, eggplant, kimchi, and rice were brought out.

Gochujang, a Korean sweet and spicy hot pepper paste; sesame oil; soy sauce with wasabi; and miso dare, a thick miso paste was served alongside everything. This meal was divine.

I glanced towards Benimaru to see that he was taking pieces of the short rib and saturated it in the rich, sweet Gochujang sauce and popped a large chunk of it into his mouth. Clearly, it was too thick to chew with his mouth closed, not that he was concerned but it did make him look cute especially when the Gochujang landed at the side of his mouth. I chuckled softly at him and reached over with my napkin, slightly dabbing the side of his cheeks causing him to blush. The destroyer of Asakusa is actually blushing.

"I take it you love the food here," I said while flipping over the shoulder on the grill. I instantly captivated by the leisurely bath in the vapors my meat was indulging in, knowing all too well that this only deepens the beefy flavor and softens the chewy texture.

Come to think of it, the smoke was doing most of the work....in a way it was appealing. But how was it possible that the appeal of smoke was brought Benimaru and I together around a fire rather than what had occurred days ago when we fought each other with the very flames. Maybe this could explain the there is a connection between humans and smoke...I was taking this way to far. All these thoughts were rolling through my head while I watch as the smoke rises gently into the blue sky and drink in that ageless scent.

"It more delicious with you here," Benimaru complimented while taking the piece of meat I was cooking and placing a piece of it in his mouth.

"Hey!" I whined.

"This piece looked more delicious than the other," Benimaru said chewing it while using his chopsticks to put a bit of the paste on and place it in my mouth, "I can tell you put a bit of feelings into that piece..."

"Hn!" I pouted while chewing the meat as I took another piece of meat and placed it on the girl. Again I was watching the meat cook. It was cooking this piece of meat that I had came to a realization: those wisps may be ephemeral, but their effect on us is anything but-except for the fact that Benimaru tried to pull the same stunt and take the piece of meat but he was intercepted by my chopsticks this time.