十二✾

White knuckles from clenching his fist too hard, and gritted teeth from his effort to remain silent, his hunched form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. His face was slightly red with suppressed rage, this was the short-tempered Benimaru everyone had come to love and respect. Well everyone besides me.

"I want to talk to you about something," he declared as he took the liberty to enter my home and sit at the front of the steps towards my home and fold his hand as he leaned against one of the pillars in my home. All I did was look towards him stoically. I really did hate him after that night a year ago, so there was nothing more for me to say to him, and yet he made it his point to always insert himself in my life.

"Do you intend to neglect your duties out of spite and hate for me? Or is this apart of your plan to leave Asakusa?" he asked as he lifted his head and glared directly towards me.

I was startled by his sudden question and looked away from him. "No, I was asked by a resident to watch her son, Benimaru."

"You could have declined and helped Konro and the rest of the brigade, it was clear that you use the opportunity to distance yourself from me and the brigade even at the expense of hurting Konro's feelings."

"Is that your hypothesis?" I asked.

Benimaru got up from his seated position and walked towards me with a smirk plastered on his face. I only took a step back for every step he took forward only to run out of room with the wall behind me. Benimaru quickly pinned me to it as he stared into my eyes with his tic-tac-toe pupils.

"It's my theory," Benimaru said as he pressed his forehead against mine.

"What the hell had gotten into him?" I thought.

"I should roast you alive for the stunt you pulled today?" he threatened.

"Is that my way out of this town?" I countered, "Death by fire."

"No," he replied as he backed away a bit, "I couldn't give you the satisfaction of leaving Asakusa that way."

"Then what do you-"

Before I could finish the sentence, I felt Benimaru pressed his lips onto mine and softly kiss me in the process. I instantly blushed and lost myself in his apathetic gaze. When he pulled away, I was left wanting more. A whole year we went without speaking to one another and one day I find a loop hole out of my duties to his and Konro's brigade and he does this.

He caressed my cheek lightly with his finger as he tried to gain his breath.

"I wanted to say I am quite happy you didn't come by," Benimaru murmured, "I hate seeing Konro and yourself flirt."

"What the fuck..."I thought to myself a bit confused at Benimaru's bizarre confession. Immediately my hand went flying against his cheek, giving him a hard slap against his face but that didn't phase him at all. Instead, it caused him to chuckle.

"Konro doesn't deserve my rightful spot of being with you. Just seeing you giving him that soft smile and loving gaze you always gave to others beside myself is disgusting...and to see even after all these years since we both were kids ...he had the honor of being able to seeing it closely ... I tried to ignore it...but I couldn't..." Benimaru muttered, "How could I lose to someone 16 years older than me?"

I must of been high off of the drugs I was making or something but I couldn't let this proceed any further. I tried to squirm away from him. He brought his lips close to my ears and whispered, "I'm watching you Inori...I am on to your games..."