七十

Attacking is for cowards. That's the way it is. Heroes stand their ground and defend.

"Quite the explosion you made there," Joker commented as he, Benimaru, and I made our way in.

"We must not let those three get any further," the guards yelled as they began charging towards us with their fists ready to attack us.

"火" I thought as their feet got with a span of two inches near me as their bodies were blown away from Benimaru, Joker, and I, right before Benimaru took his arm out of his sleeve ready to attack.

"Woah," Joker commented as he looked at me as proceeded to walk forward to look directly at the guards as they began to panic.

"What are Benimaru Shinmon and Inori Homura doing here," one of the guys yelled out as he began to panic.

Some of the guards circled around attempting to attack Joker and Benimaru and as expected they held their own. But still, there weren't any clues on where Akira and Ichijiro were and I have a feeling that they may be caught up somewhere.

Suddenly a strong feeling went through my system and through my thigh. This was a tremendous sensation that was difficult to put into words...and I felt this before only it was mild back then...when Ichijiro was almost killed by that Infernal...which means...those two were in danger.

"Now is not the time to get cold feet Inori," Benimaru lectured, "So get up, or will you make me regret agreeing to his plan for you."

I blinked and realized that I was on the ground grasping my leg tightly. When did I even drop to the floor...?

"Watch it Benimaru, I'm angry and unstable considering I don't know what is happening to my team and as I constantly remind you, those two are like family..." I threatened as I brought my body up from the ground and looked at the temple. A temple that everyone but us proto-nationalist worship...telling humans that they are exceptional beings...but yet is a mere facade to the true issue. The more I think about it, I believe Ichijiro's theory is correct.

"You barbaric fiend, you are not fit to step foot on this sacred ground," someone said from the door, "As for you Inori, we are very disappointed in your actions today and will not forget."

Soon a dart came from the door as I quickly moved out of the way of its trajectory...as for Benimaru...he wasn't so lucky. His body swooned forward and dropped to the ground, face forward.

"B-Benimaru?" I questioned.

No response, just a Benimaru face planted to the floor as if he was paralyzed and unconscious.

"Hey...wake up tough guy!"

Soon the doors of the cathedral opened and the person responsible walked out. He was definitely much bigger than the other ones.

"I have no prayers to offer to the likes of you," he shouted as if he was under a spell, "As for you Inori Homura, your comrades will pay for their crime and will answer to death."

My eyes widen at his statement...so that's why they weren't able to contact me. As I looked at this man starting from that stupid haircut down to his arms and noticed not only was he holding a blowdart but also...the cellphone that Akira had.

This guy was going to pay with his life.

"This one thought of himself as the toughest fire soldier but he had forgotten that he is just a naive animal," the guard mentioned, "And she followed to her end just as he comrades did."

My breath started coming out in short, quick pants. The wind around me started whipping and gusting, swirling around me, My eyes flickered blue-white, on and off like a candle in the wind. I curled my hands into fists. The steam from my mouth came out almost as if it was lava.

I was so angry at this man that I didn't even hear Benimaru coming to...at that moment, I wasn't really worried about him but about Akira and Ichijiro.

"Um...Inori?" Joker questioned while stepping away a bit.

The steam and heat swirled around me, rising me from the ground on a towering whiling column of steam that easily transformed into my white flames. A mere glance at Benimaru and Joker and they were absolutely stunned by my immense display of firepower.

"What the heck happened while I was out?!" Benimaru asked.

"I don't know, he was poking at her telling her about her teammates and she just spiraled out of control!" Joker said as he used his arm to block the debris from going into his eye.

And yet, they seemed mesmerized at how my flame outshined the stars. I lowered myself in front of them and moved my flames into a large wave of fire that incinerated the guard instantly in its hot ribbons of light.

I soon blink and take a deep breath trying to relax my body from the immense power display.

"I probably shouldn't have killed him if I wanted to know more about where Akira and Ichiijiro were if they were captured." I thought, "but I don't feel bad for killing him either..."

"Inori, what the hell was that!" Benimaru yelled out.

"Oh, Benimaru...how did you overcome the poison so quickly?" I questioned completely out dazed and out of curiosity, tilting my head ever so slightly.

"Don't ignore my question!" Benimaru growled, "What the hell was that power."

"As much as I like to go into detail about my power, I need to go and save Ichijiro and Akira...I'll tell you later," I mentioned as I rolled my eyes and proceeded to walk forward. Joker simply whistled and chuckled.

"Now I am really psyched that she agreed, she really is strong and much stronger than I was told!" Joker said as he followed after me with Benimaru side-eyeing him...probably keeping a closer eye on him from his comment and an eye on me...that was the first time I went out on rage...since that night in Asakusa...