四十八❊

"It has been 3 months since I had left Asakusa and I couldn't get the damn guy out of my mind!" I thought as I yelled as I whipped around to clash steel with Akira as he smirked and charged to come at me once again. I held the blade even, a perfect, undaunted horizon; always leveled with the nose, I only had one blade now and I needed to train harder than before. I had stalled Akira's strike once again but watched a wretched, stained grin split his lips once again as his blade shivered under the brutality of his compelling strength. He soon knocked my blade out of my hand and getting me to the ground.

"You're not alert enough," Akira glared as he attempted to stab me. We often train as if our life depended on it and would inflict superficial wounds on each other...actually more me giving him wounds them him.

"What did Benimaru do to you that day you went to see him?" Akira asked as he looked intensely into your eyes, "Do I need to remind you what he did that day?"

"No need," I said, "I already know as I swiped his legs and pushed him to the ground and placed my arm on his neck and slowly put pressure on it, causing him to drop his sword and tap the ground.

I smiled and got off him and helped him up as he coughed and looked towards me and then laughed.

"When will you let Ichijiro train with you?" Akira asked.

"Probably next week," I said pushing my hair back from my face and back into the house. I kicked off my shoes and headed towards the shower.

He was right. Benimaru was clouding my thoughts. The metallic head that hung loosely above my spread water unto my body, the sudden shock making me tense my muscles. The water slowly warmed me, soothing the ache that clawed at my limbs from this morning's training. I poured gentle soap into my hands. My fingers met my long black hair, dancing into the mess it was, ridding it of the knots time had given. I never wanted this to have happened, I was never safe out there, and sure enough, this only made my confidence crumble.

I dragged the soap over my body, the action soothing my tough skin. It reminded me of when Benimaru and that woman had fooled me of being a couple. The soap caressing my neck like his kisses, running along my body like when he held it against his in my sense.

I stepped out of the shower and sighed while wrapping the towel around my body and walked towards my room. After closing the door and locking it, I dropped my towel and proceeded to get dress. I tugged at my sodden socks. The small white bandeau brought me comfort to the rules I would be breaking entering Asakusa not properly dressed and often acted as a reminder of a forgotten life I once had- once upon a time. I grabbed a kanzashi and clipped a couple of hairs into a half bun and had a loose piece of hair floated down, I blew it away from my face; I used to love that the small pieces of hair framed my face...pretty as a picture they used to say. I placed on skin-tight jeans and wore combat boots and strapped my sword to my back.

"For an autumn day, it sure was hot..." I mumbled as I grabbed my other things and headed out of the house. My sword should be ready considering it was three months exactly.

At that time, everything seemed normal. No one from the fire force requested us. Company 8 hadn't called and neither has Company 7.

It was peaceful at last and I hoped it stayed that way the time I enter Asakusa to pick up my blade without a certain someone, not findings out I am there.
------
"It was so hard to fix! Just don't destroy it again!" the sword-smith yelled as he attempted to cut off my hands with his long blade causing me to screech in fright, "You got a lot of nerves breaking the same blade twice!!"

"W-why did I have to get scolded?! Benimaru was the one who was the one who broke it with his flames this time!" I yelled helplessly, hoping to not piss off the angry man more.