三十三 ❁

The day finally came and I was wheeled out of the hospital in a chair by Akira and Ichijiro sat in my lap telling me about the lesson he had learned. It was nice to actually be with them again rather then them coming to Company 6 jurisdiction every day and whine at the fact that they couldn't do basic things around the house.

"Let's just say it is good that you are coming back home," Akira mumbled after Ichijiro told me that he almost blew the house up.

"Hn," I said as I rubbed my temple, "I see while I was gone you got a tattoo..."

Akira nervously laughed when I mentioned that as I held my nose in annoyance. As much as I hate company 7, Akira having tattoos was going to make it difficult to work with them...but then again ...because he has tattoos I was in the clear of never having to work at company 7's jurisdiction. Way to go Akira!

"As much as I appreciate the fact that you got those tattoos, we need to update paperwork  and send it to the empire to let them know...that way the companies who don't AlLoW TaTtOoS cAn KnOw."

"I knew you would appreciate it," Akira said.

I smirked at the mere satisfaction of the fact that when Company seven reads about our force having tattoos that won't ask for help. It was pure brilliance on Akira's part.

But I needed to work in making a recovery. For the next weeks, he and Ichijiro were going to play housewife for me. Cook for me, wash for me, make sure I take my medications, helping me around the house and train with me. The only thing they wouldn't do would be
accompany me for muscle training with Akitaru Obi.

Just saying his name... it was so weird that lately, my thoughts have been about him. He was kind and really helpful. He even took time after work to visit me in the hospital when he had already done his due diligence and saved me. If he wasn't the definition of a good man, then I didn't know who was. And at this moment, he was far better than Benimaru back when I was in Asakusa.

Great...now Benimaru plagues my mind...

I sighed at the thought and pushed it to the side. He was nothing but the past.

"In you go," Akira said as he carried me out of the wheelchair and into the car.

I didn't realize until I was much closer to him but within the year we left Asakusa and now, he really built up. I looked up to study his features and was astounded on how this was the same person I knew.

Before he was a lanky, really skinny guy whose father would always find a way to try to get us to hang out with one another. But now, he was an attractive man, he was tall and had a strong muscular build. He had dyed his hair from black to dark red hair bring out his, aquamarine eyes.

 He had dyed his hair from black to dark red hair bring out his, aquamarine eyes

(If you know...than you know...lol. But this is who Akira is based off of, not Vulcan.)

"Ichijiro, you sit in the front," Akira said after he closed the door and helped Ichijiro into the car. Once he was strapped in, he walked around the car, entered, started the engine, and was off.

Akira drove the car slowly onto the shoulder of the freeway, turning into a little rest area. There was no one there to see them, the canopy of the blues and oranges and reds of dusk their only companion.

The car ride went off silently. It was beginning to be quite deafening as I rested my chin upon my hand whilst looking out of the car window. It only took minutes for me to fall asleep.

-----------

My mind is fuzzy, the last remnants of a dream being chased away by the realization that I am awake again. It was a nice dream, something about sitting in a big oak tree in a meadow full of flowers but the details are fading fast even as I try to recall them. With a mental sigh, I allow my brain to focus and cautiously open one eye.

The sun's vibrant rays sent a glossy, gold sheen all around the room.

"Wow, I guess I was really tired," I said to myself as I noticed I was in my bed. I pushed my hair back from my face and sighed.

Suddenly, a "soft" pounding seemingly emanating from my door as I told the person to come in and my eyes widen. Hard to imagine that the soft knocks were coming from someone gigantic as him.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I am here to help you train and it is best that we do it in the morning," Akitaru said as he walked into my room. I looked down at my watch and noticed that it was 6:00 am.

"Don't you have work?" I asked.

"I have the day off today," he replied, "Hurry up and get ready."

I sighed and soon flinched as I moved my leg a bit higher than usual, aggravating it.

It was quick, but I noticed a worry gaze in Akitaru's eyes until it fixed back towards his normal stare and walked over to help me steady myself. My face blossomed with fire from inside and reflected scarlet, glowed red from my cheeks. Recently, it has been happening a lot and I couldn't help it.

"It would be a bit easier to carry you," Akitaru muttered causing my blush to deepen in hue.

"Um..."

I couldn't get a word in until I felt Akitaru scoop his arm under my legs and bring up into his arms. Instinctively, my hands went around his neck. He was like a gentle giant.

"You know, you have a great team,"

"Huh?" A bit lost at where this was coming from.

"Akira and Ichijiiro...they kind of lectured me before letting me upstairs to your room."

I chuckled at the fact that they actually interrogated him so early in the morning. But they knew my past Benimaru, they just didn't want the same thing to play out.

"T-They are just protective," I said smiling.

I glanced upwards at him to see him looking straight ahead with a small smile on his face. It was just so weird that I was actually falling hard for this guy...and yet in the back of my mind...Benimaru still remains a thought.