二十六❃

We all started at the dirt road ground in horror, replaying the death of Akira's father over and over. It was the true destruction of the infernals that stormed through the city of Asakusa, crushing everything in their path. More Infernals were appearing left and right, columns of fire erupting in different parts of the town. It was already hell and it had just started, as the night would belong if it kept going that way. Hikeshi soldiers were guiding the panicked townspeople towards safety, shouting orders and instructions, others were taking care of the fires burning down.

I force my eyes up to Akira, who stared at the city with distraught eyes but quickly pulled himself together. He turned his head sharply to the back of Benimaru's head, his distraught eyes filled with more tears as Akira brought his hand up, striking down on the top of Benimaru's head.

"What the hell you piece of shit!" Benimaru cursed as Akira continued to punch him and Ichijiro joining along.

"We were so close to saving him," Akira sobbed, I looked to Akira. It wasn't the usual Akira who I had treated to dinner the other night. No, the Akira that I usually see happy and eager to fix stuff, dreaming on taking over his father's business and become the best of the best in Asakusa.

"Why did you do that?!" Akira screamed, gripping tightly on to Benimaru's hair, tears flowing from his eyes.

"You could have helped us!" he cried, elbowing Benimaru's side, "You're a Hikeshi soldier, you should have helped get him out and bring us to safety."

"Get...a hold of... yourself!" he grunted, throwing us onto the stone ground, where Akira landed with a loud thunk, skidding across, gasping for air. Benimaru got off his matoi and was gasping for air.

Akira just glared at him, gritting his pearly white teeth together to keep him from snapping at the man.

"The reason you couldn't save your father," Benimaru continued, ignoring Akira's glares, "was because you lacked the strength." We stopped and stared at Benimaru, shooting him glares and holding back what we wanted to say, even though we wanted to unleash on the heartless man.

"We could have saved him if you let me fight the infernal!" I growled out of anger and rose up to the ground. My eyes burned red with anger and tears slipped out of the corners as I clenched my jaw and brought my fist up, aiming for Benimaru's sullen face. I hissed through my teeth, screaming internally. But, before my fist met contact, Benimaru quickly grabbed it in mid-air and held it back, struggling wildly.

While he held me back his Mismatched tic-tac- toe-eyes moved around quickly in their sockets, zeroed in on the Infernals immediately acquired as targets with their superior sight, and locked them. More than a dozen were roaming around, their guttural moans and roars echoing all over the burning town in their decaying bodies. It was unusual to see this many people turn.

"Beni!" Konro yelled as he ran towards us, "Beni, we need to evacuate more people out of here!"

"I am doing that," Benimaru said as he pushed me back causing me to land on my ass, "You heard Konro, you need to leave the town and head towards the river."

"I've fucking had it with you!" I yelled while swinging my sword at him as he quickly deflected my blow and swiftly hit the back of my neck causing me to gasp out for air as tears left my eyes.

"Beni!" Konro yelled.

"Hate me as much as you want Inori, but I will not allow you to fight any of these Infernals," Benimaru said, "Because I love you."

Were the last words I heard him say along with hearing Ichijiro's screams before I blacked out. Everything was clear now...He got with me because he was holding me back from going with my plan. He didn't love me the way I loved him...because if he did, he would have allowed me to fight along side him.