二十九❃

"What should we do?" Akira asked as he, Ichijiro, and I sat at the table while eating a meal I had prepared before the Fire Force Captain came to the door.

"It was my dream to leave Asakusa and join the Fire Force, but given the fact that they came so late that day and failed us-explains that may be joining their ranks would be pointless," I mumbled.

"I say we join," Akira cheered as Ichijiro nodded in agreement.

"Why?" I asked looking at him in utter concern, "it better not be because of vengeance."

"No," Akira mumbled.

Without warning, Akira slammed his hands down on the wood, clenching it with his nails. His head quickly bowed, but then flew up.

"I don't want any more people to suffer!" he cried, tears streaming down his face and dropping onto the dry wood table, "I want everyone to  live at peace and not worry about becoming infernalized or die at the hands of the Infernals!" 

I remained silent, as did Ichijiro. I noticed in Akira's eyes they were shaking with anger and regret. I placed my hand on his shoulder to assure him as he looked at me.

Without any warning, I said, "Then let's enlist in the Fire Force as an autonomous unit."

Ichiijiro and Akria stared at me with wide saddened eyes. 

"We will make sure to protect the citizens, help those in need while cleansing Infernals our way. As a firing soldier, we should make sure to always consider the feelings of those close to a victim of Spontaneous Human Combustion and minimize their suffering in any way possible. Considering we have suffered by witnessing of SHC/ our loved ones murdered by Infernals, we should be capable of processing these same emotions in others."

Akira and Ichijiro looked towards me. Akira's shocked expression turned to one of determination along with Ichijiro. 

"Akira, you will be this unit engineer, and I will speak with my best friend's friend who is a skilled engineer. I remember her telling me that he distrusts anything related to the Special Fire Force but if you let him know that Inori sent you I am pretty sure he will take you in as an apprentice," I said, "As for you, Ichijiro, you're four-years-old...though I believe you shouldn't be apart of the Fire Force, the determination in your eyes says differently. Therefore, I know you're really smart for your age and I believe you can make a good strategist for this team."

Ichijiro nodded enthusiastically causing me to smile. I smiled back at them both, we did it.