三十六❁

"So as you all heard the geezer, we are order to assist the other companies when requested on defeating the Evangelist...to begin, Company eight has already requested our help with their investigation," I debriefed to Akira and Ichijiro.

"There has been talked about the Evangelist making Asakusa as their next target for creating Infernals," Ichijiro said, "with the eighth being the lead in this investigation, they will most likely require our assistance given that Asakusa is our hometown. Further information about the Evangelist has been linked to Company 3, particularly the captain."

"Looks like the enemy had already infiltrated us," Akira said as he placed his finger underneath his lips in thought.

"The enemy is three steps ahead of the Fire Force, but given the amount of information we have, we are actually ahead...therefore, we will let Akitaru Obi give the directives on where he needs us and minimize our time in Asakusa. Akitaru already knows our history with the fire force especially since I had to tell him when we started dating last year," I mentioned and giggled near the end. Man his expression was shocked when he found out that Benimaru took my first kiss and the jealous/annoyed look on his face was too cute to not forget.

"That would mean that he would try to minimize our presence there right?" Akira asked.

"He will but if the threat is greater than our request, then it will need to push aside-also since you have tattoos and Company's Seven jurisdictions have strict laws against it-we really won't be able to stay and help as much."

"But in Edo Japan, it was worshipped to have a tattoo," Ichijiro said.

"That is true," I said, "In the Edo period (1600-1868 A.D.), the era of ukiyo-e (浮世), or "floating world," brought about an artistic and cultural revolution. Color prints encompassing everyday life in the Edo period were made by woodblock artists. But with the association with the yakuza in years after, it started to be stigmatized for their association with organized crime gangs, the Yakuza, who pledge their allegiance with full-body markings. That stigmatization was carried into Asakusa after the Sol year calendar started and so Consequently, anyone with ink -- regardless of their profession -- cannot usually use public swimming pools, hot springs, beaches and even some gyms."

"So how are we exactly going to help Company eight with their investigation?" Akira asked.

"Easy..."

--------------

"Come on by, come on by, we have some motsuyaki and monja!" a shop owner yelled out.

"Today's special on Yakisoba!" another merchant yelled.

It was nice to see that Asakusa was still the same. People were still selling their products to other individuals, children were playing, and many other talking with one another.

But it was intriguing to see how interested these people would become when a new individual walking through the town would pass by. I smirked as I continued my way down to the bar while glancing around me to see some people focused on me.

I pushed the Noren to the side and walked into the establishment and took a seat and order my drink.

The many bottles behind the bar shined with various shades and colours as the light struck them, creating a varied spectrum of colours that boggled the mind and made many people wonder about how a bartender ever managed to know what each and every one of them contained.

As fast as I ordered it, it came. I quickly drained my glass, disappointment hitting me as almost pure water washed over my tongue, whatever alcohol that was left heavily diluted by the melting ice cubes at the bottom.

"I have never had a woman order straight vodka at the bar before," the bar tender mentioned as he held up a glass, and began polishing it.

"It a first for every thing, I need another glass," I mentioned as I pushed my glass towards him as he grabbed it and refilled the glass with another around and slid it back towards me.

Again, I drained the glass as the alcohol made its way down my throat, making it tingle, then the after taste kicked in, spreading warmth throughout my body as the spicy aftertaste lingered in my mouth as I turned the glass over in my hands, examining the roughness of the ground areas and the slickness of the unetched parts. I held it up to the sunlight and smiled to myself while setting it back down on the bar, "You take great care of your glassware-its a rarity to see bartenders do such a thing."

"I take it you're from out of town,"

"I am," I replied, "Just passing through."

I laid the payment for the drink down and walked out of the bar and made my way through the town. It was amazing to see that Asakusa didn't change as much since I left it. The streets remained the same, the houses that were destroyed in this district were restored, it was like that night ever took place.

I turned the corner and walked through the alleyway, I halted and looked forward and there it stood... my old home-in its original state as if it was unscathed by the very flames that tore this place down. Every detail was in tact-but who ever had this home was lucky to be living in it.

My answer to who couldn't have some sooner as the Noren of the door moved and my eyes widen as who came out.

The young man who held average height with neck-long, wavy, black hair that partially covers the front of his face, with a droopy look on his face. I couldn't believe this- my eyes and mouth definitely dropped and were frozen wide open.

"Why the hell was he residing there?!" I thought as I glanced to see him tuck his hand in his sleeves and walk in what seemed to be the direction of where the Fire Hikeshi Brigade would be.