❃二十五 ❃

After a relaxing bath, I made it my mission to check in on my garden. Giving it water, I began to realize that the garden was a shade brighter in the water. This liquid magic, washing my world to show what was there all along, nature in her in humble brilliance. The buttercups became gold, the grass the shade of every dreamer meadow, roots quenched, soil renewed. The bonsai trees lined the perfect lawn in their wooden boxes. In the center, there was a pond as large as a small lake with flowering lily pads and a wooden bridge that crossed the middle so you could look down at the koi carp. The flower beds were a riot of May color and even on close inspection, they were weed-free.

However, one spot of my garden, the spot where I buried my friend's ashes, remained the same as when I buried it. In fact, the area around it had no life. I found it very peculiar that nothing grew in that one spot for a whole year.

All of a sudden, an explosion shook the ground from where I stood surprising. What the hell was that? My feet ran out to the front of my home and my eyes zeroed in on the huge pillar of fire that erupted in a located part of Asakusa, but to their utmost shock, another one surged in another part of the town.A series of flames spiraled out of control in random spots of the town. Asakusa was ridden with flames in every part of the city. Cries and screams erupted loudly, along with bells tolls that rang through my soul.

"Infernals!" One of the Hikeshi yelled out.

"What the heck was happening right now!" I gasped as everyone was running in different directions but considering that the fire was spreading everywhere, it was best that they ran towards the river.

"Go towards the river!" I yelled to everyone while I ran back into my home to grab my sword and ran out.

I turned to look the opposite direction, I noticed an Infernal inching towards a little boy, Ichijiro. My face dropped as I saw shock and horror on Ichijiro's face. Adrenaline flooded my system, It pumped and beaten like it's trying to escape. Using my pyrokinesis, I quickly flash towards Ichijiro and stopped the Infernal from attacking him. I swiftly put an end towards the infernal by impaling it with my sword through its heart.

"Ichijiro, where are your parents?" I questioned as I turned towards him.

The moment I asked him, his tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down his face. I could see the muscles of his chin tremble like the small child he was. I was sad to see his waterfalls emerged from his eyes along with cries and sobs. He just became an orphan now that his parents were dead.

I quickly scooped him up in my arms and held him tightly. It was funny how we were in a similar situation before. As I ran towards the river and glanced to see Akira attempting to pull his father out of the home. The house was destroyed: rubble, dust, chipped wood was everywhere. I looked down in the ruble to see Akira's father crushed beneath the wood and tiles of the former house. On one side of his weak body, Akira was pulling the wood that was on top of him, forcing him down to the Earth.

"No," I gasped, immediately running to Akira's aid. I quickly put Ichijiro down and dug my hand in the wood and began to pull, only lifting the ruble on top of his father by a centimeter. Ichijiro tried to help as well, but the strength of a four-year-old couldn't do much. However, something stops all three of us from pulling; a crackling footstep echoed, close to Akira's house. All of us stopped and looked up, gasping in horror. Two infernals storming through Asakusa to the left of us, staring blankly at the burning city, crushing anything in their path. Akira's and Ichijiro's eyes shook in fear and determination. I matched them as I knew the Infernals were different from the ones I have seen. They had a stronger heat signature compared to normal infernals and large horns on their head.

"Inori, hurry!" he snapped at me, pulling the wood with all of his little might.

"The Infernals are around, aren't they?" his father whimpered, looking at us from an answer, Akira's and Ichijiro's eyes shaking in realization. He knew what had to be done, whether we liked it or not.