三十八❁

I needed to distance myself from that mess. I know that when Benimaru was done with putting Kantaro to rest that he would be looking for me. Remembering that man well, I know that anyone who isn't a native to Asakusa was a threat to Asakusa.

So, I decided it was best to hide in the garden-the the same garden where I accepted my feelings Benimaru. This place looked as if an unspeakable loveliness of a solitary spray of blossoms arranged as only a Japanese expert knows how to arrange it,—not by simply poking the spray into a vase, but by perhaps one whole hour's labor of trimming and posing and daintiest manipulation-but that wasn't the case. This beauty was natural. 

Koi, the beautiful, colorful carp, added movement, and grace to large water features.

This garden was not only a reminder of my feelings for Benimaru but a reminder of my garden I had worked so hard on when I lived here. This garden emulated my garden as a canvas, using the seasons as paintbrushes and employing minimalism to dictate a sense of balance.  From the meticulous pruning, leaf by leaf, of each bush, to the weeding of a neighborhood flower patch with a pair of chopsticks, it brought back the peaceful times-probably this was what the world was like before Infernalization.

My thoughts were interrupted when I noticed a silent spark exploded into a thousand extraordinary particles of light, conquering the sky and molding that second as one that will never fail to make onlookers feel infinite. The incessant roar of fireworks after the destruction of houses never fails to capture the attention of every resident.

I can remember when I lived here how this valuable characteristic of rubbing off a little bit of light on everyone around me.

"Tamaya!" 

"Kagiya!"

"It really is a festival..." Obi said through the earbuds causing me to smile. I remember one of our dates was to a festival so I already know he was smiling at the fireworks.

"This must be a way of mourning that is unique to Asakusa."

"Maybe I should have visited Akitaru's agency and met these people because seriously...I just didn't remember anyone he described to me." I thought.

"It's different from most proto-nationalist funerals."

Almost as if an echo came in, I was able to hear Benimaru yell directives to his crewmen and let the people know that they were welcome to stay at the old guardhouse.

"Hey Captain," Shinra said, "Would it be okay if I helped out with repairs as well?"

"Good Idea," Obi acknowledged, "Doubt they'll talk to us while they're dealing with this, so we may as well help speed things along."

"That is true..." Akira said, "We probably could ease some heat off the other Infernal as well..."

"Also a good point," Obi said.

"Just who was that Captain?" A girl asked.

"Just like these two individuals are covert operatives of  the Special Fire Force, the woman with the mask is also an operative and is their captain-she is rumored to be equally matched in power with the "Destroyer of Asakusa." I requested she come and help with the mission."

I sighed and pulled the earbuds out of my ears and looked at the sky. The sunset in the sky as fresh colors brushed upon an artist's canvas as if those rays were destined to create a great work of art - one given to those open to capturing simple moments in the soul. The sound of hammers hitting nails, people talking was just as I remembered. But yet during this time, it was still odd that the bar owner and the other person immediately turned infernal. In fact, the infernal chasing after me was particularly peculiar considering I knew that the alleyways were empty.

This got me to smirk. I knew exactly what was up. These White-Clad members were watching me and were probably doing it right now. And considering that I couldn't see any of the members or insignia of the uniform Akitaru explained to me...tells me that someone who is used to far-ranging attacks is watching me right now. 

It is best to pretend that I didn't know and yet I needed to remain alert. They already put me in a bind where if the Captain of Company seven sees a glimpse of me that he will purse me and will find out who I am...and yet...

I glanced down at the wound I received, still bleeding but not as heavily as before...

I needed a first-aid kit. Great, I am in quite the predicament here. I pulled my shirt up and looked down at my wound. The ash and grit had become enmeshed with raw pink flesh and was spotted with blood. The blood ran freely in thick scarlet rivers amongst my side. One thing was for sure, it was going to be very painful to clean.

I sighed as looked back towards the sky. I watched the sunset at the horizon, spreading its largess into a grateful sky. Rich hues of red blended with oranges, purples, crimsons.

"It's going to be dark soon..." I thought and a bit harder to maneuver through the alleyways considering the criminals that are going to be out-but I really didn't have much of a choice...

"Damn..."

I quickly walked over towards the town and quickly slipped into the alleyway with my mask on to cover my identity.