十七✾

Support my ko-fi account! link in bio!

Home is supposed to be our comfort zone, our refugee, somewhere we are loved, and trusted. A place that we can run to when no one hears us out, and we feel the walls caving in. So why is it that danger follows?

By danger, I mean Benimaru.

I stopped at the Noren of my home and turned around to see Benimaru smiling cutely. The "Shinmon Benimaru" doesn't smile like this and if he did that meant one thing and one thing only: he was drunk.

"Go away Benimaru," I stated while rolling my eyes.

"I think I will do the opposite," Benimaru said as he walked closer towards me causing me to move away from him. I knew it was no point and making a scene wasn't really in the books right now. I kicked off my shoes and walked into my home. As I walked through the back of my home, I glanced behind me to see Benimaru sitting down at the front and taking his shoes off. I groaned at the fact that he really wasn't going to give up and just leave me alone.

 I groaned at the fact that he really wasn't going to give up and just leave me alone

Coming to my garden brings me a sense of peace and tranquility. These plants give me a reason to believe that I am worth something while they grow each and every day because of my care and love. It may be silly to some to have so much passion about a plant, but to me, it means more.

Buds begin to flower on the trees, adding a splash of colour.  With my flames, I am able to emit a powerful heat that causes the daisies peep through the pea-green grass.

Having these plants has taught me to protect, love, and care for myself, and this is something that I have not done for myself before. So, if I can love, care, and protect a plant, why can't I do the same for myself and other people such as Konro, or my late best friend...

"It's like a whole another world here," Benimaru commented as he looked around the garden amazed by the garden being a tumultuous tangle of greenery and sea of colors the flower gave off.

I turned my attention towards him to see he was sitting seiza-style while looking around the field. This garden was the very opposite of reality after all. My garden was and still is about life and beauty and the impermanence of all living things.

"Kind of gives me the peaceful vibes of when Konro, you, and I would hang out...well more like Konro watching us as we played together ," Benimaru commented.

As much as I would have liked to reminisce, I needed to watch him. Therefore it was best to stay silent and soak in the beauty I had grown. These plants had been with me with me through the ups and downs and have taught me many lessons. One of them is getting over it and moving on.

You see plants are fabulous adaptors. In the simplest sense, plants move every day to ensure they've got the best chance of survival by sun-seeking. By turning leaves toward the sun, or moving their flower heads toward it like sunflowers do, they deal with the situation at hand and adapt to make the best possible situation out of it.