❁三十❁

Year 197

"Ma'am!" the person yelled, bring me out of my unconscious state. It seemed to take forever, but I finally managed to open my eyes. I looked around familiar sights, sounds, and smells of smoke and gasoline. I was laying in a bed of glass. I turned my attention towards the man in front of me claiming to be from The Fire Defense Agency still processing what was going on, and his leg was injured more than ever.

He pulled his belt off and wrapped it securely around my leg.

"You are... in a worst ...state ....yourself, firefighter" I groaned in pain as I looked up at the gaping hole of the bus into the Tokyo night sky. 

"Not like you," he coughed and grunted in pain, "I don't have a metal pole in my leg."

I let out a heavy, raspy breath and coughed, more blood spattered on my chin as blood leaks at the side of my mouth while I continue to be mesmerized by the sky. If I was going to die tonight, then I wanted my last sight to be of this.

"What is your name?" he asked.

"Inori," I winced in pain, "I am...a...member of the...Fire Force..."

It was only easier to breath when the man used his strength to prop me upright.

"What...is...y-y...our...name?" I muttered.

"Obi...Akitaru," he said.

The warmth I felt from him holing me upright, but never looked away from me. "Don't die on me..."

I smirked, one eye closed. "I...fought...to..hard to become...a Fire Soldier...in my town...women aren't allowed to become Fire Soldiers...only men..."

I knew he was trying to keep a conversation with me to keep me away. But if I am to die tonight, I would be grateful for having a year to fight alongside the Fire Force and lay Infernals to rest. And even if I died, it wouldn't be in vain.

"Obi...Akitaru...thank you..." I smiled and closed my eyes, my tears mixing with my blood, my bloody breath was getting faint. Slower.

"Thank you for your service..." I breathed so softly only he could hear, "I am happy to have met you..." I breathed with a shudder and my eyes closed.

皆さんこんにちわ、

For those who are reading this story, y'all are going to hate me for the next couple chapters and probably want to kill me for the chapter after that...then you will love me...in the afterlife 😂. But if you give you input, I may be able to incorporate it into the story and probably change the route of where the story may go. So.... please let me know what you expect to happen in the comment section or conversation portion of my profile. I am kind of curious to know where you want this story to go.

どもありがとう、