十一 ✾

Year 196

It's been one year since Benimaru and I had our little quarrel, and we were not on good speaking terms. Regardless of us not talking, I have done my fair share of helping the local brigade with their wounds. Konro was still his same self but didn't have the slightest clue on what was going on between Benimaru and me.

Benimaru kept true to his word and was always watching me when he had free time to do so. It had gotten to the point where he would just walk beside me and I wouldn't acknowledge him what so ever. Yet to this town, they thought Benimaru and I were a couple. Konro would have to be the one to explain that we weren't dating whenever he was with us. I was quite shocked by the fact that he never asked Benimaru why we were so distant or why we hated one another and it was more than before.

Maybe his crush for me blinded him...

Fortunately for me,  Benimaru, Konro, and the men of the brigade were away at the battlefields, so it gave me a chance to go to freely leave the house for a bit without being under the watchful eye of Benimaru.

I walked over toward the large forest area that was a great distance from the town and placed my hood up. Even though I couldn't fight alongside them, it didn't mean that I should stop training.

I walked out to the opening and looked around me.

"All you have to do is punch through the Infernal's heart, right? The chest, was it? The heart is their weak point...then, I'll do it my way,"

I had placed my hand on the sword that held my special blade and lunched down with my head bowed forwards, nose pointing towards the floor. A loud hissed of hot air resonating from my clenched teeth. The thoughts of Benimaru's ignorance for not letting me join the brigade just because I was a girl was enough to infuriate me.

"Striking Star," I mumbled.

A second—all it took was a split second. With a flash of blue lightning trailing behind me, I easily cut through the trees before me.

From the sudden force and speed of the attack, the branches flew off from the truck where the tree use to lay. It tilted back and the branch rolled in my direction. This tree didn't deserve this but Benimaru really did piss me off and for him to not let me leave the premise because of the feelings of the town...fuck him.

I took a deep breath and looked around to see no one was around me and sighed. But the smallest sound caused me to swiftly leave the area and return to Asakusa in a flash. There was definitely a spectator.

I stopped on a street near my house and quickly into an ally. I quickly took off the hoodie I had brought and wrapped it around the sword for protection and exited the alley. I didn't know who that person could be, but I needed to be cautious.

I walked out of the alleyway and proceeded to walk through the streets as if nothing happened, casually saying hi to those who acknowledged my presence. Then there was Konro and Benimaru a bit beat up from their battle with an infernal heading my way. I craddled my hidden sword closer towards me as they walked by. Usually, I would have acknowledge them but Iately I have been turning a blind eye.

"H-hey Inori," Konro greeted as he stopped and turned around while grunting in pain. His and Benimaru's clothes were covered in soot and ash from the enemy  with a bit of blood from them, and he looked quite terrifying.

"Ah, hi Konro," I greeted.

"W-would you be able to come by the Brigade to help some of us heal? That Infernal got us good!" Konro grunted, "A couple of us were injured by the fight and your assistance with our wounds would be highly appreciated."

"I will have to see," I replied, "If not, I'll ask the town doctor to go in my place. Goodbye!" I turned away from them and rushed back home.

I didn't even need to glance to know that Benimaru was watching me quizzically. As if he knew something was up, but honestly I didn't want anything to do with the brigade.

"There you are! Inori, can you watch my son tonight? My husband and I need to work the vender's booth and make up for some of our financial aid-"

"Sure!" I agreed. "Thank you gods!"

"Wonderful!" she cheered as she hugged me tightly as I smiled, "I'll bring him later around sunset."

I waved and walked over to my home.

I took off my shoes and ran straight towards my room and placed my blade in my room's closet.

I quickly ran back out towards my house and towards the doctor's office. After explaining the situation and was off. Now I was scot free from interacting with the brigade. And honestly that brough a small smile to my face. If Beni wasn't going to let me leave this town or quit helping his brigade then I was going to retaliate my way. I will minimize my presence and become invisible.

I walked back towards my home and prepared for my night watching the neighbor's kid. The kid was around 4-years-old so I know I would have entertain him well.

I heard the sound of my Noren push to the side and I turned around to see an angry Benimaru standing at my door.

I smirked knew this would happen but he was the one who started all of this.