Chapter Five: Reina

Continuation of Reina's flashback

As Maria and Reina entered the Royal kitchen they found Reina's Mama, Tomi, putting the final touches on a plate of pancakes.

"Hey, guys," she smiled then gasped. "Oh, Reina. You look lovely." She quickly ran around the kitchen island and embraced her daughter. Reina smiled shyly.

"Thanks Mama," she murmured.

Tomi frowned, "what's wrong, baby?"

"It's nothing. I'm just nervous," Reina glanced at her Ma. "Ma, told me about when she met Mom. I'm just scared, what if my mates reject me?"

"Oh," Tomi hesitated. "Honey trust me. I doubt anything can be worse than when your Moms and I met."

"What happened?" Reina asked.

"Well, first come on eat up," Tomi led Reina to the island and put the pancakes in front her. With a sigh, Tomi started her story, "So, I knew that the Alpha princess was going to be coming that day. I really didn't think that I had any chance of being mated to her. At the time I was still deeply in the closet about being transgender. Hell, hardly anyone even knew that my wolf was female. And anyway, I thought Maria would be mated to some big manly man." Tomi paused at that moment because Reina snorted at the appalled look on Maria's face.

"I never wanted that," Maria scoffed.

"I know that now love," Tomi smiled. "Anyway, it was and still is mandatory that everyone who was unmated to appear before the Alpha Princess. So, anyway everyone is standing outside the pack house and I'm watching the big black limo pull up. The door opens and these visons of beauty step out. It was your Ma and Mom. My wolf was losing her mind, screaming mate." Tomi stopped talking for a moment, looking down in shame. Maria walked over to her mate and put a comforting arm around her shoulders.

"Then what happened?" Reina asked softly concern lacing her words.

"I ran away," Tomi breathed, tears in her eyes.

Maria decided then to take up the story, "At first Lara and I didn't know what to do. Then we took off after her. We finally managed to catch up to her. She tried to fight us off, but Lara used her Omega abilities to calm her down. Afterwards, we spent hours talking and getting to know each other."

"...and I realized that these two girls saw and accepted the real me."

Maria and Tomi shared a smile and Maria wiped the tears from her mate's eyes and they shared a gentle kiss. Reina blushed slightly and became very interested in her pancakes.

"Aw," a new voice squealed from the doorway. "How cute. But you two left out the best part from we got back to the Royal home." The voice belonged to Reina's Mom, Lara. Whom whilst smiling went over and embraced her mates.

"I thought we should keep the story PG," Tomi smiled.

"Yes, please do!" Reina shouted. Her moms just smiled at her. Then Lara's wavered slightly, and she spoke to her mates.

"I need to talk to you two."

Reina watched as her mom led the other two outside. Curiosity written all over her face.

"Whats..." she started before Lara gently cut her off.

"Don't worry about it sweetheart. Go ahead finish your breakfast."

A few minutes later, Reina finished her breakfast, but her parents still hadn't returned. Reina started to nervously pace around the kitchen. All kinds of scenarios raced through her head. Maybe there was a threat. Or a declaration of war. Or maybe...maybe...Reina was mate-less.

Just as Reina was beginning to think that the Royal line would end with her mothers returned. All three of their faces were serious.

"Wh...what's wrong," Reina stuttered.

"Sweetie, we have some bad news," Lara started then sighed gently looking pained.

Maria placed a hand on her mate's shoulder, "the Priestesses have been scouring for your mates for the past month. They've managed to find one however they cannot find the other."

Reina took a deep breath, blinking away tears, "what does this mean?"

Tomi took up speaking this time, "for now it means that we will go to the pack that houses your first mate. The Priestesses are certain that your final mate is a wolf and is alive. But for some reason they are not part of any of the currently known packs."

Reina nodded shakily. Why was her mate not of any pack? Were they a rogue? If so, why? And how can she find them...

...................................................................................................................................................

So some quick author housekeeping blah. I have decided on an upload schedule of a chapter every Saturday and Wednesday, however, I am making a few exceptions this weekend. Mostly because I feel that these chapters with Reina's flashback work better together and not being separated by a few days. I don't know how often I'll do things like this. It'll probably depend on how far ahead I am in writing the story and if I feel like the chapters belong together. I'm currently working on chapter fifteen at the time of uploading this. 

So thus all that blah being done please continue to enjoy the Royal Triumvirate. 

P.S. thank you everyone for joining this story and hopefully enjoying it.