Chapter Twenty-Six: Reina

Dejectedly, Reina and Dana made their back to the pack house. Tears were streaming down Dana's face; Reina kept a comforting arm on her mate's shoulder leading her to the front door. Through her own steps faltered when she saw that Alex's car was gone. She must've doubled back and taken it.

"My office," Maria was waiting for them inside the foyer of the mansion. The two heartbroken mates paused, so Maria continued in a firm voice. "Now please."

Once safely ensconced inside the office, Maria turned to her daughter and her mate. Tomi and Lara were already inside the room.

"Are you two alright?" Lara asked looking both alarmed and confused at their state. Reina managed a weak nod, but Dana just curled into deeper into her embrace.

"Explain what just happened," Maria demanded firmly though her eyes were soft. "Who is that girl to you?" Reina swallowed nervously but didn't speak.

"She's your mate, isn't she?" Tomi spoke, her soft and gentle. Reina nodded.

"She hates the Royal Pack!" the words erupted out of Reina. "She thinks we lied to her about who we are."

Dana managed to speak through tight sobs, "she hates us!"

"I'm sure that's not true," Tomi started but Reina shook her head.

"You didn't see it. I've never seen anyone so angry. She said the rogues know how the Royal Pack really feels about them. I thought the outreach programs were successful."

Tomi frowned. "My reports say that the programs are successful. Every rogue that's come in has been successfully rehabilitated."

"You can't trust rogues," Oliver said as he entered the room. "They're all a bunch of liars and thieves. Trust me you'll better off without associating with one."

"How dare you!" the growl erupted out of Reina, her eyes turning green. Her voice deepening as her wolf, Dido, took control and leapt at Oliver. "How dare you insult my mate!"

"Dido!" Maria shouted her Royal Tone entering her voice. "Stand down!"

Dido froze in place unable to disobey the Alpha Queen's orders. Even though she was the Alpha Princess and immune to the tone of regular Alphas; she still had to obey her mother's Royal Tone. Still, she glared furiously at her mother.

"He insulted my mate!" Dido growled angerly.

"Dido," Lara spoke softly. "I know you're hurting but attacking others will not soothe you." Dido growled lowly but Lara continued. "Your mate, your Dana, needs you."

When Reina lost control and let go of her, Dana sunk to her knees hugging herself. Sobbing. Dido's expression softened. Giving one final glare to Oliver, she gently went over to her mate and picked her up bridal style.

"We're going to our room," Dido said firmly andleft before anyone could say something.