Chapter Ten: Reina

Earlier the same day

Reina and Dana arrived at school about ten minutes before classes started. After she parked, Reina glanced at her girlfriend who looked deep in thought.

"Babe? What's wrong?"

"Nothing per say. Avalon just has a weird feeling," Dana responded referring to her wolf. Continuing with, "Does Dido feel anything?"

"Dido?" Reina asked her wolf. Who had been fairly quiet and calm all morning.

"I'm not sure. I feel it too but I'm not sure what it is."

"Dido feels it too, but she isn't sure what it is," Reina said. "Let's just head inside and if we still feel it later today then we'll talk to my moms."

With that they headed inside. Approaching their lockers, which were next to each other, they saw Nick standing by them.

"Hey, where were you yesterday?" Reina asked. "You went to talk to that new wolf then never came back to the mansion. Your texts just said that you would explain later."

"I found my mate," Nick grinned.

"That's great!" Dana squealed hugging him. Causing Reina to growl involuntarily, her wolf hated seeing her mate touching someone else. Even Nick. Dana just giggled and swatted her arm.

"Who is it?" Reina asked.

"That new family that just moved to town. He's their eldest. His name is Jason."

"Great! When do we get to meet him?" Dana asked eagerly.

"I'm not sure. He's human and doesn't know about the supernatural. I only spent a couple of hours with him yesterday before my mom called and asked me to come home."

"Wait, I thought you went to see that family because of a loner wolf," Reina asked confused.

"I did. She's living with the humans. They don't know that she's a werewolf. I doubt she's your missing mate. She hates the Royal Pack."

"That's weird. I wonder why," Reina murmured.

"Unfortunately, that'll have to be a mystery for later. I have to get to gym," Dana said starting to head away but before she could get to far, Reina grabbed around the waist and pulled her close. Dana giggled and got on tiptoes to kiss her mate. "See you at lunch, Rei."

Neither of them noticed Nick leave and head down the hall. After separating, each of them headed to their respective classes. Reina headed to her English class. They got a new teacher. Their previous English having finally found her mate at 30 years old and almost immediately left her post to go live with them.

Reina took her normal seat near the window and watched as the rest of her classmates filed into the room. A woman of about average height with blonde hair was behind the teacher's desk writing her name on the whiteboard, 'Mrs. Stonewall-Smith'. Right as the bell rang, a tall girl entered the room. Reina eyes were almost immediately drawn to her. She was tall and muscular; her short brown was styled into a faux hawk. Mrs. Stonewall-Smith indicated for the new girl to stand by her desk.

"Wow," Dido whispered in her mind.

"Yeah," Reina couldn't but agree. Not wondering why she and her wolf were having such a different reaction to this girl than what they normally would.

"Good morning class. My name is Grace Stonewall-Smith. I know that can be a mouthful so please feel free to call me Mrs. S. I'm going to be your teacher for the rest of year due to the abrupt...absence of last English teacher. Anyway, this is a new student by the name of Alex Xander," as the new teacher spoke the girl looked around the classroom and locked eyes with Reina. Her eyes briefly flashed blue telling Reina both that she was a werewolf and that her wolf recognized the mate bond.

"Mate!" Dido hissed. "Our missing mate! We've found her!" Reina indicated the empty chair beside her but her mate, Alex, ignored her and sat by that vampire girl. Sophia.

"Wait, did you really find our missing mate?" Dana's voice entered her mind through their mate link

"Yeah, I think she's that loner wolf Nick went and saw yesterday. But she's ignoring me," Reina couldn't help but whimper the last line. She kept staring at the new girl who was talking to Sophia, causing Reina to scowl.

"Maybe she's shy?" Dana suggested. "What's her name? What does she look like?" Their conversation was briefly interrupted by Reina hearing her name called.

"Here!" she answered then before speaking mentally to Dana. "Her name is Alex. She's hot. Taller than me and muscular. Her human eyes are grey and her wolf's are blue. She has scar going down the right side of her face." Reina could feel both Dido and Avalon growling at the thought of their mate being injured.

"She sounds strong," Dana sighed. A perfect quality in the Warrior Princess.

"I think she is," Reina agreed watching her mate who never looked at her once the rest of the class. When the bell rang, Alex disappeared into the throng of students. She and Dana never found her again that day. They even had a different lunch than Nick and his mate so they couldn't try and find her that way.

Finally, at the end of the day, they decided not to tell anyone that they've found their final mate until they could actually talk to her. They went home from school feeling cautiously optimistic about finally finding their mate.