Chapter Six: Reina

Still during Reina's flashback.

Reina was still processing the news that she would only find one of her mates today when suddenly her childhood best friend and future Beta, Nick Martin, bursts into the kitchen.

"Who's ready to go on a mate finding road trip?!" he shouted gleefully. Then reading the room, he asked in a small voice, "what'd I miss?"

"I, apparently, only have one mate," Reina said trying to sound strong and quite possibly fooling everyone who wasn't in the room.

"Oh," Nick said stunned.

"Mija, you do have another mate...we just have no idea who or where they are." Maria said with a nervous and unconvincing smile.

"No offence, Ma, but that's not super helpful." Taking a deep breath Reina continued with, "Regardless, I still need to find my first mate. Then we will do everything we can to find my final mate."

...

A few hours later found Reina and Nick in their limo heading toward the Autumn Leaf pack where the Priestesses of Moon Goddess said her first mate resided. It was silent in the car, Reina was staring outside the window.

"Your highness, we are approaching the Autumn Leaf Pack," the driver announced.

"Pretty name," Nick said.

"Hmm?" Reina murmured snapping back to attention.

"The pack name. Autumn Leaf. It's pretty."

"Yeah. It is," Reina agreed. The limo slowed down and came to stop. Exiting the vehicle, Reina sees a large bearded man and a teenage boy standing in front of group of about twenty people ages raging from about sixteen to twentyish. The man stepped forward and placed a hand over his heart and bowed slightly.

"Princess Reina, it is an honor to have you visiting our humble pack. I am Alpha Lucas. Please forgive my Luna for not being present as she is eight months pregnant and the doctor has prescribed bedrest." His deep voice rumbled.

"Of course," Reina smiled acknowledging his bow with a small one of her own.

"This is my eldest son and heir, Joshua," Alpha Lucas continued indicating the teen beside him. Reina and Joshua gave each a small bow with Joshua's being deeper.

Reina saw a small flash of disappoint in Alpha Lucas's eyes at the sight that Joshua would not be one of her mates, but he quickly hid it. Smiling widely, Alpha Lucas waved a hand over the group of people behind him.

"May I present the unmated members of the Autumn leaf pack..."

The pack members moved into a line going from the highest rank to the lowest. Reina slowly moved down line. Smiling and nodding but no one stood out to her. She got to the last omega on the line and frowned, pacing back up the line. Frowning at Alpha Lucas, she spoke in a forced calm voice.

"Is this everyone?"

Lucas scowled and looked down the line. "Where's Dana?"

One of the omegas nervously stepped forward and stammered out, "I-I believe she is with the Luna, Alpha Lucas. Princess Reina."

"Alpha Lucas, if you wouldn't mind?" Reina asked indicating the front door of the pack house. Lucas led Reina and Nick into the house, and up a few flights of stairs.

At the end of a rustically designed hallway stood a set of French doors. One of which was cracked open slightly. As they approached Reina could hear a pair of voices.

"You should still head downstairs. You never know," a female voice said.

"Luna Violet, please. I doubt I'm the one for the Princess. Sides, I told Jaime I would stay with you while she was visiting her mother." A younger female voice spoke in response.

"Dana, I would've been fine for half an hour." the voice which Reina assumed belonged to Luna Violet sighed. Whatever, Dana would've responded with was cut off with Reina's knock.

"My love, its Lucas with Princess Reina and her beta, Nick. May we come in?"

"Yes, of course," Luna Violet called.

Pushing open the door, they saw a heavily pregnant woman propped up on the bed. Sitting next to her was a teenage girl with dirty blonde hair and light blue-green eyes. She and Reina locked eyes.

"Mate," Reina growled her eyes flashing green while Dana's flashed silver and she also growled.

"Mate."

Luna Violet let out an excited squeal. "Oh, how wonderful! Dana, the Omega Princess! Your parents would have been so proud!"

Dana stood up and took a couple of nervous steps toward Reina. Whom, in response, grabbed her into a large hug, inhaling her scent. It was that of vanilla and honey, yet it was ambrosia to Reina. It was like a life preserver in the tumultuous sea of her mind. They stayed like that for nearly five minutes though it felt like eternity to them.

Nick cleared his throat, "perhaps we should begin to pack up Princess Dana's items to returned to the palace."

Dana quietly led Reina and Nick to her room while Lucas stayed with his wife.

An hour later saw them loading the last few belongings of Dana's into the limo. After exchanging tear filled goodbyes with her packmates, Dana joined her mate and Nick for the return to the palace.